Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity/Highlands Scrimmage

Featured Replies

I assume the 7:00 v. 7:30 debate is for the Varsity scrimmage. Am I correct that T is bringing JV and Frosh as well? If so, I have heard that the JV and Frosh will conduct split field (each offense starting at the 40 yd. line -- no kickoffs or punts) scrimmages in advance of the Varsity scrimmage. Can anyone confirm that? If so, what time will those start?

 

In an effort to answer my own question, here is what I have heard: Varsity will start at 7:30 PM or whenever the heat index will allow. From kickoff, HHS and T have 3 hours to scrimmage. The Varsity will play a full game under normal rules and timing (perhaps the halftime will be compressed). When that is over, the JV and Freshman will use whatever remains of the 3 hours to scrimmage on a split field. I hope there are lots of running plays and / or completions in bounds to keep that clock rolling so that the JV and Freshman at least get some meaningful time on the field. That said, the primary goal is to get the Varsity ready to play Week 0.

  • Replies 184
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked Weather.com for Ft. Thomas and at 7 p.m. the temp is predicted to be 89 with a "feels like" reading of 94. At 8 p.m., it is 87/91. So if the "feels like" measurement is the same as heat index, then it looks like the scrimmage is good to go.

In an effort to answer my own question, here is what I have heard: Varsity will start at 7:30 PM or whenever the heat index will allow. From kickoff, HHS and T have 3 hours to scrimmage. The Varsity will play a full game under normal rules and timing (perhaps the halftime will be compressed). When that is over, the JV and Freshman will use whatever remains of the 3 hours to scrimmage on a split field. I hope there are lots of running plays and / or completions in bounds to keep that clock rolling so that the JV and Freshman at least get some meaningful time on the field. That said, the primary goal is to get the Varsity ready to play Week 0.

 

The Trinity frosh will not be scrimmaging.

As of 6:00 pm last night, they are scrimmaging. Do you know something this morning?

The Trinity frosh will not be scrimmaging.

 

Well that stinks...

 

I was looking forward to watch the Baby Birds go at tonight. This group is loaded with some special talent!!!!

How much to get in? will they be selling food/drinks

Birdsfan would you text me updates?

I have heard the scrimmage may not start until 9 or 9:30.

As of 6:00 pm last night, they are scrimmaging. Do you know something this morning?

 

BGP is the only place I have seen that has the Trinity frosh scrimmaging tonight. They certainly aren't telling the Trinity frosh they are supposed to scrimmage. I guess they're going to pull the kids out of the weightroom after school and load them in the luggage compartment of the varsity team's buses and head north!:idunno:

BGP is the only place I have seen that has the Trinity frosh scrimmaging tonight. They certainly aren't telling the Trinity frosh they are supposed to scrimmage. I guess they're going to pull the kids out of the weightroom after school and load them in the luggage compartment of the varsity team's buses and head north!:idunno:

 

I bet the kids wouldn't care....be happy to do it. They should be 'rarin' to go." Sounds like it is going to be long night. Safe game with no injuries to either squad. Good for both schools to schedule this. GO ROCKS.......

I have heard the scrimmage may not start until 9 or 9:30.

 

What is your source of information ?

With the rain we are having right now, the Temps should cool off a little bit. Maybe a 1/2 degree......:D

Birdsfan would you text me updates?
I'm not sure if I will be able to be there, due to health issues. If I'm there, I will text you.
With the rain we are having right now, the Temps should cool off a little bit. Maybe a 1/2 degree......:D

 

Didn't get a drop of rain here.:confused:

HHS frosh coach. Game on, Varsity first, JV and frosh to split field for time remaining after varsity.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.