2024 Bryan Station Defenders

8d4ci1.jpg.cb6d5db694488ca86243b5372e255207.jpg

2023 Outcome

Record: 11-4

Another slow start preluded a stretch of eleven wins in twelve games. A return to championship weekend for the first time in 24 years ended in disappointment with a decisive loss to Trinity.

🔗 Bryan Station's 2023 Statistical Leaders

🎓 Trenton Cutright (QB) | JT Haskins Jr (WR/DB) | Jason Hocker (LB) | Jahvon Frazier (OL/DL) | Dahvon Frazier (TE/LB) | Isaiah Watts (DB) | Jaylen Berry (DB) | Bayubahe Benit (RB) | Gary McCauley (OL/DL)

🔙 Kalen Washington (RB) | Demond Green (WR) | Keelan Adams (LB) | Kamani Burnett (WR) | Jordan Haskins (DB) | Jaiden Shegog (DB) | ZjaLijuon White (DB) | Andrew Batchanga (OL) | Keion Watson (OL) | Tannare Brown (OL)

2024 Outlook

A return trip to Kroger Field will be a tall order for a program losing the dynamic, multifaceted abilities of Cutright and Haskins Jr., plus the meat and potatoes of the defense. Good news for Station fans: they're never hurting for athletes and Hawkins has concocted a winning formula that's produced 41 wins in his four years patrolling their sideline. Station football is as hot as it's been in a generation. Keeping the fire going requires wood, and running back Kalen Washington - one of the state's best - will be swinging a bigger axe this year as the focal point of the offense. If the defense comes together behind linebacker Keelan Adams, the Defenders shouldn't fall far, but a step forward may be asking too much this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Coach Hawk is one of the best around. I’m sure this will be a very solid Defender squad. My question is who will be the new QB?

More than likely, Sr. Jaxson Branham. He is a very talented kid with a big arm and has a very high football IQ. He has been in the program and now gets his shot. He has been very impressive in JV games and the 8 varsity games he played in this year. Very good, but different from Cutwright. He is the perfect example of a kid who stuck it out behind an older QB. He has gained a lot of experience in the last 3 years and has had to face a pretty good defense every day at practice. I am excited about handing him the keys.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, theguru said:

This is really impressive for Station.

impressive.jpg

They've had their ups and downs over the years. I still think of Eric  Shelton aka "E-Train" anytime I think of Bryan Station. I watched so many guys try to tackle him and just end up going for a ride. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2024 at 9:21 PM, DevilMayCare said:

Weeks 1-3 👀 .... opening with three consecutive state champions. 

Baptism by fire for any first year starters. Just throw'em into the deep end and see if they can swim. 

Those first 3 weeks will definitely tell us alot about BS. They're having to replace 5 guys on defense who will be playing D1 ball this fall. They're having to replace over half of their 22 starters. 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:53 AM, MBKT said:

How will the Defenders be in the trenches on both sides of the ball?

This will be our biggest(size) group of OL/DL we have had at Station since I got here. We will weigh +50lbs more per player. More likely a 280 lb average instead of the 220lb average we have played with recently. We are returning the center and two guards.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 11:30 AM, coachhawk said:

This will be our biggest(size) group of OL/DL we have had at Station since I got here. We will weigh +50lbs more per player. More likely a 280 lb average instead of the 220lb average we have played with recently. We are returning the center and two guards.

Wow!  That is a lot and will make a big difference, no pun intended. 

• Like 1