Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cousin Chris

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cousin Chris

  1. Beechwood should get out of that 3 man front and go with 4 down linemen. They did it against Pulaski after the first TD drive and they were much more successful the rest of the game. Gregg is a big kid so they need to get bigger up front. You can even walk Flaherty up from safety into the box if they are getting hurt by the run.
  2. CC gets their first win of the season. CC by 14.
  3. Beechwood was very lucky on that one. How does a kid get that wide open? There wasn’t anyone within 15 yards of that kid, he could have walked in for a TD.
  4. Yes the next 3 games are going to be really tough games. All 3 are big teams who like to run the ball and Beechwood has struggled against the run in both games so far. The Pabst kid came in and played really well on defense so hopefully he can continue to play well but let’s face it’s going to be really difficult to replace Fryman on offense and defense. The silver lining is Fryman should be back in 6-8 weeks and with the district games they have it should give them plenty of time to get him back in football shape by the playoffs.
  5. At least they will have him back for the playoffs.
  6. No VOR I think you and I were singing from the same hymnal but there was some doubters out there. I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself because these next 3 games will really show us how good that O line is and I expect that Hayden and the receivers will start to click more efficiently as the season goes on. I also think Flaherty is underrated as a RB. Because Hayden and those receivers get a lot of the attention justifiably so, Flaherty has been a little over looked but that kid can run the football.
  7. I originally thought Trinity but after Friday night it’s hard to put anyone in the state in front of Boyle.
  8. I hope you are right my friend.
  9. I told you earlier VOR that this Beechwood offensive line is bigger, more athletic and more experienced than any line they have had in years. I expect Hayden and his receivers to start clicking very soon and when they do they are going to be very difficult to defend.
  10. Maybe I’m a little crazy and I know Calpreps has St. Ed’s by 21 but I think Boyle has a chance in this one.
  11. I absolutely love Coach Woody and I think Ludlow is going to have a great season but Pennington and the Sayre offense will be a little too much for Ludlow. Sayre by 10.
  12. WOW! Maybe I’m a little crazy but I think Boyle has a fighting chance next week in Cleveland against St. Ed’s.
  13. Yes, drinking it up and it is delicious.
  14. I think the only team on this list who has a chance to play at Kroger Field in December is LCA. Both their losses were to really good teams and 2A only has 4 teams who have a legitimate shot and LCA is one of those 4. Scott County has been the biggest disappointment. I thought they could be a dark horse this season but it looks like I was wrong.
  15. I am not a fan of either team.
  16. Waking up this morning realizing that both Cov Cath and Pikeville are 0 and 2 just made my day.
  17. CC has had 2 tough opponents to start the season. They played well enough to win against a really good Highlands team on Friday. I think they get their first win this Friday against SK.
  18. Ryle has been better than I expected. The Savage kid is a complete stud but I will take Cooper in this one by a couple of scores. Too much offense and too much Austin Alexander. Verax will be running for his life in this one.
  19. Campbell is really small up front defensively. With that O line Highlands could run the ball every play and running clock The Camels. Campbell QB is solid and #14 is a really good receiver and safety but he won’t be enough in this one. Highland by whatever they want.
  20. Same game plan that everyone will use on Beechwood this year. Run the ball at them and chew up the clock. Pulaski did it last week and almost pulled the upset and then Campbell did it tonight and was in the game till late. Last week they went to a 4 man front and did much better tonight they stayed with their 3 man front and Campbell ran right at them. Not sure what the rushing yards was but it had to be pretty high. Guarantee that Dixie will run the ball at them next Friday. Beechwood needs to get bigger up front and play with 4 down linemen up front if not Dixie could definitely pull the upset.
  21. I agree and disagree. I think the attention to detail has been pretty good so far. Not many penalties in game 1 but there was a lot of missed tackles. On the one 82 yard TD that Pulaski got we missed 2 open field tackles and we missed a lot of other tackles on third down which kept their drives alive. We have to wrap up and swarm the ball and get off the field on third down. I think we need to get bigger up front. Everyone is going to try to do the same thing Pulaski did run the ball, control the clock and keep the Beechwood offense off the field. I really liked when we went to the bigger 4 man front.
  22. anyway you can go back and listen to a show that has already taped?
  23. I agree Loudon when you run the ball and chew up the clock it really helps the defense. I would estimate that last year they were about 70/30 pass to run in the Pulaski game they actually had a lot of success running the ball I would guess they were 60/40 in the Pulaski game. 60/40 is where they need to be because like it or not they still have a great QB who can sling it and they have 3 great and fast receivers so they will continue to throw the ball. I also think most coaches are going to try to run the football at Beechwood. They started in their 3 man front on Friday but switched to more of a 4 man front and had much more success. They have some big kids this season so they need to get bigger up front. I can almost guarantee you that SK, Dixie and Cov Cath will try to run right at them. In short I agree I think their defense is much better than most think.
  24. Pulaski was really good we will see at the end of the season how good they are. And CC will be sitting at 0 and 2 on Saturday morning. Put that in your Calprep and smoke it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.