Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calpreps Ratings - Top 20 (8/26)

Featured Replies

Calpreps.com has updated their ratings after the first week of play. I'll be interested in seeing if it correctly picks Trinity over Frederick Douglass since shows 9.4 point difference.

Top 20:

1. Boyle County                      46.7

2. Trinity                                 43.3

3. Frederick Douglass           33.9

4. Male                                    32.9

5. Saint Xavier                        29.1

6. Christian Academy- Lou.  25.4

7. Bryan Station                      23.3

8. Paducah Tilghman             21.9

9. Cooper                                21.6

10. Corbin                                20.5

11. Bowling Green                    20.2

12. South Warren                    19.5

13. Franklin County                 19.5

14. Highlands                           18.8

15. Ballard                                 16.6

16. Manual                                16.1

17. Scott County                       11.3

18. Ryle                                     9.1

19. Owensboro Catholic           8.5

20. Covington Catholic           7.9   

https://calpreps.com/2024/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

12 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Calpreps.com has updated their ratings after the first week of play. I'll be interested in seeing if it correctly picks Trinity over Frederick Douglass since shows 9.4 point difference.

 

2. Trinity                                 43.3

3. Frederick Douglass           33.9

Calpreps doesn't officially predict games until Week 4, I believe, so I plugged both schools into their "Project a Matchup" tool and it spit out a 21-14 win for Trinity. That feels about right.

My biggest question of the ratings is Paducah Tilghman, they could be better than a couple teams ranked above them.

5 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

My biggest question of the ratings is Paducah Tilghman, they could be better than a couple teams ranked above them.

I've noticed with Calpreps over the years you don't get a true rating until around Week 4. They clearly have a formula that includes wins and scores, etc. but they also try to include things like returning starters, which can only be done if the coach responds to their request - and that doesn't always happen. We'll see how it goes but I'm with you, I think Tilghman might ultimately be better than CAL and Station ahead of them right now.

  • Author
10 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I've noticed with Calpreps over the years you don't get a true rating until around Week 4. They clearly have a formula that includes wins and scores, etc. but they also try to include things like returning starters, which can only be done if the coach responds to their request - and that doesn't always happen. We'll see how it goes but I'm with you, I think Tilghman might ultimately be better than CAL and Station ahead of them right now.

Yeah, the previous year rating has heavy weight until get enough games where that doesn't matter. 

  • Author

We know Bowling Green beat Male pretty handily in their scrimmage so Male maybe overrated some.

No Beechwood who beat a really good 5A team but you have Cov Cath who looked really disappointing.  I guess we will find that out in a few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Cousin Chris said:

No Beechwood who beat a really good 5A team but you have Cov Cath who looked really disappointing.  I guess we will find that out in a few weeks.

Calpreps ratings definitely skews in favor of the bigger schools, at least early in the year. If you are wondering, some high profile smaller schools are ranked just outside the top 20:

22. Central

23. Lexington Catholic

24. Beechwood

25. Lexington Christian

27. Pikeville

29. Mayfield

33 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I've noticed with Calpreps over the years you don't get a true rating until around Week 4. They clearly have a formula that includes wins and scores, etc. but they also try to include things like returning starters, which can only be done if the coach responds to their request - and that doesn't always happen. We'll see how it goes but I'm with you, I think Tilghman might ultimately be better than CAL and Station ahead of them right now.

Thank you for sharing what you did. And that’s who I was thinking too, I would have PT above CAL and Bryan Station.

On 8/26/2024 at 9:06 AM, Cousin Chris said:

No Beechwood who beat a really good 5A team but you have Cov Cath who looked really disappointing.  I guess we will find that out in a few weeks.

As far as CalPreps computer is concerned, Beechwood struggled with a 5A team that is coming off of a 4-8 season.  

Pulaski was really good we will see at the end of the season how good they are.  And CC will be sitting at 0 and 2 on Saturday morning.  Put that in your Calprep and smoke it.

46 minutes ago, Cousin Chris said:

Pulaski was really good we will see at the end of the season how good they are.  And CC will be sitting at 0 and 2 on Saturday morning.  Put that in your Calprep and smoke it.

Just telling you how the system works.  Beechwood struggled with what was a bad 5A team last season.  They'll have to win some games this season before that win will look good to a computer.  It's a computer, not a person.  It only goes by the data that is input.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.