Ryle signs contract to play Colerain, OH in 2011 and 2012

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry I won't quit my day job but maybe you should. lol

I am comparing Elliot to Simpson at age 15. We can touch on that in two years if you like. Travis Elliot will play as hard as he did on the last play as he did on the first, no matter what the score. Not all stand out players do that.

As far as Male, name a public High School that doesn't have its ups and downs besides Highlands.

If you are a 6A football team in the state of Kentucky (Not T or X) you better learn how to beat teams that are historically stronger than you if your goal is to win a state championship. This season I think SK very well could be state champs if they prepared themselves better. No matter what anybody says (unless you are just playing for record)

6A football teams will not get better by playing middle of the road 2A and 3A Schools.

Someone was also criticizing Cov Cath for playing tough Cincy Teams, Sure they lost alot of those games but they have also won state championships along the way. Your players or staff doesn't get better by playing bad teams.

I myself am glad about Coach Warners decision it is good for the program and huge for the kids. I am not a college recruiter but I would probably get a better idea about how good a player is by scouting him playing Colerain rather than scouting him playing non playoff teams.

Its been fun Guru peace out

To get better, you have to play teams you may lose to. That's realistic, but a school that does that is to be applauded, not laughed at.

I'm not laughing at anybody. Ryles program has been improving every year ,and it's great playing better than average teams to improve your own team. I wish Ryle the best against Colerain . :cool:

Loaded may have been taking it a bit far, but Ryle will be very good in 2011. I spoke with their Camera guy (older gentleman, name escapes me) several times this past season and anytime we discussed the Ryle players, he was constantly speaking highly of the sophomore class. Throw in the very talented Ryle frosh team and they will be very good over the next 3 years.

Who has the better frosh/soph class between Ryle and Cooper?

Ryle will see speed that it has never seen before.

Colerain isn't down in talent, but are way down in coaching. IMO, thats the cause for Colerains slide and good luck fixing that. The A.D. is the H.C.'s brother.

Ryle played Highlands twice this past season. The speed with precise execution doesn't get much better than what they faced there.

I agree with G. I can name you PLENTY of folks in the Cov Cath community alone who have some major criticisms for the teams we select some years. I'm all about championing Cov Cath, but I think when they're playing teams and losing 7 and 8 times by 25 points or more, you've got to question whether or not you need to rethink some things.

You really don't have to look too far. You can go back and read my thoughts on the subject.

It really boils down to this though, one non district game against a team that is considered a step up in class is plenty. CovCath was scheduling two or three of those games a year and many times those games would be before district games. Madness. I applaud Ryle for scheduling Colerain. Now if they go out and schedule Iggy and Elder in the same season, it would be just too much to bite off.

:cool:

JA, who will be Ryle's qb in 2011 and 2012? You have posted in other threads that the next qb at Ryle will be better than the current one.

It won't be the kid I was talking about he will replace whoever's this class of QB will be. They will have a 3 way battle for the starting QB going into the first year of this contract. They have the two frosh QB's from this year and a frosh to be next year who will be probably be the best athlete on the team. I don't know if he will be a QB/RB/Receiver.

Ryle played Highlands twice this past season. The speed with precise execution doesn't get much better than what they faced there.

Speed and size is the difference. Did you see the size of the O line of Cincy X when they played Highlands. I'll give you an example , HHS Cam Dierig 5'9" 180LBS up against X's D1 prospect Matt James 6'8 305 LBS. The weight difference on the line was about 50 LBS between these teams. By the way , Dierig had at least 3 tackles for loss in that game. Dierig is a perfect example of talent and heart .

Don't worry I won't quit my day job but maybe you should. lol

I am comparing Elliot to Simpson at age 15. We can touch on that in two years if you like. Travis Elliot will play as hard as he did on the last play as he did on the first, no matter what the score. Not all stand out players do that.

As far as Male, name a public High School that doesn't have its ups and downs besides Highlands.

If you are a 6A football team in the state of Kentucky (Not T or X) you better learn how to beat teams that are historically stronger than you if your goal is to win a state championship. This season I think SK very well could be state champs if they prepared themselves better. No matter what anybody says (unless you are just playing for record)

6A football teams will not get better by playing middle of the road 2A and 3A Schools.

Someone was also criticizing Cov Cath for playing tough Cincy Teams, Sure they lost alot of those games but they have also won state championships along the way. Your players or staff doesn't get better by playing bad teams.

I myself am glad about Coach Warners decision it is good for the program and huge for the kids. I am not a college recruiter but I would probably get a better idea about how good a player is by scouting him playing Colerain rather than scouting him playing non playoff teams.

Its been fun Guru peace out

Thanks for the compliment! If I quit my day job then I get to play guru all the time which means you think I am good at it!!!

Again, Travis is a nice high school RB and Miles is a D1 athlete. And without a passing game worlds better than Ryle has EVER had Travis will have a long night against the Cards.

Everyone has ups and downs but you don't get to play the "Male is top ten in the nation card" because they were on an up year but then play the "Simon beat Male card" when Male was on a down year two years later and have that analogy mean anything for Ryle and Colerain. Again, Male has huge swings, Colerain has been consistent for a long time and there is absolutely nothing similar about the two programs in that regard.