Ryle signs contract to play Colerain, OH in 2011 and 2012

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Colerain goes, I think that you could have made your argument (to a certain extent) until the 2009 season.

Due to the competition alone, Colerain isn't competing for a championship every single year. And I am pretty certain (whether you said it or someone else did) that Colerain is not playing for a national championship every year. With a more balanced offense (with the type of weapons that they have) I feel like they would compete on a National level.

There are numerous games that Ryle could have scheduled outside of Colerain that would have been a better option. Ryle could have found many Ohio teams that are more comparable with Ryle (Princeton, Lakota West, Middletown, Indian Hill, Wyoming, etc). Heck, Ryle could have played many Kentucky teams (not Scott--but that one just showed your inability to debate in a logical manner). Ryle could play teams like Male, Manual, Henry Clay, Central, Lex Cath, LCA (yes--LCA), etc, etc.

In closing ... here is a final point ... Highlands beat St. X this year ... which was a great win for their program. But ... look what they lost out of the deal ... a pretty solid QB if my memory serves me correctly. I also believe that one of their other key players (who was already nicked up) came out of the game more nicked up. Highlands had great depth--which helped them to overcome those losses. Most other teams wouldn't have overcome that situation.

As far as my other posts concerning Ryle ... if you say so ... it must be true I guess. Please for give me that I don't rise and fall at the sight of Black and Silver. The silver spoon that I was born with must have been a fake .... :ohbrother:

Colerain has one semi-off year (8-2) and they immediately fall into the "non-consistent" category. Wow. Tough standards you have. Let's look at what they've done since 2000:

2000: 10-0 regular season; 3-1 postseason

2001: 10-0; 1-1

2002; 9-1; 2-1

2003: 10-0; 2-1

2004: 10-0; 5-0

2005: 9-1; 2-1

2006: 10-0; 3-1

2007: 10-0; 2-1

2008: 9-0; 2-1

2009: of course, the dreadful 8-2 campaign

(just so we're clear, that's 4 regular season losses in 10 years and 22 playoffs wins in the same period.)

Seems fairly consistent to me. Probably to a lot of other people also. Gee, based on your standards, apparently not even St. X, Elder, or Moeller are "consistent". I guess only Highlands has earned that adjective in our area.

I don't even follow your logic in the paragraph about Colerain playing/not playing for a national championship. Go look at their past schedules. Look who they've played (and beaten). They play the best teams from one of the best high school football areas in the country and are always a threat to win the state title. What else would you have them do? Travel to Texas or California on a regular basis to play their top teams for a "national championship" title that doesn't really exist?

Yes, Ryle could have scheduled those teams you listed that are "comparable" to them. Thanks for making mine (and other's) point - they were not looking to add a game like that. They were seeking to add another top-notch opponent similar to that of HHS.

Ridiculous point about what Highlands "lost" in the St. X game. It's football! Those injuries could have happened playing ANY of their games. Heck, they could have happened in practice. Why don't you ask the HHS people if they felt the St. X game was a mistake/loss because of the injuries? I'll bet you can't find a single person to support that non-sensical notion.

Your final statements regarding your bias towards Ryle speak for themselves. No need for me to expound on it any further. You did a fine job on your own. :rolleyes:

Bruns is probably the best Defensive Back in NKY...however, i picture him tackling Elliot at the knees...Roller was all over the place.

I'll assume the coaches and Enquirer were probably decent gauges of who the top DB's in the area were for this year, and he was not selected either First Team All-Conference (NKFCA) or First Team Enquirer. Not to imply he wasn't good or that he won't be the top at that position next year, but this year others stood out above him.

Edited by cooperstown
spelling

Bueller? Bueller?

It will be awhile on that answer because there is no answer.:D

Honestly, the side issue in this threat regarding Elliott and where he might or might not have played on HHS' team is irrelevent. He's a fine back who had a very good year and no doubt has two very good/great years ahead of him. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

I'll assume the coaches and Enquirer were probably decent gauges of who the top DB's in the area were for this year, and he was not selected either First Team All-Conference (NKFCA) or First Team Enquirer. Not to imply he wasn't good or that he won't be the top at that position next year, but this year others stood out above him.

I would undoubtedly put Bruns into the same super sophomore category as Elliott. He has all the tools to be a D-1 corner.

I would undoubtedly put Bruns into the same super sophomore category as Elliott. He has all the tools to be a D-1 corner.

:thumb::thumb:

And Coop, I meant next season. He wasnt voted this season but he was one of the best. He will be the best the next two years. Sorry for the confusion, I just call them how i see them.

:thumb::thumb:

And Coop, I meant next season. He wasnt voted this season but he was one of the best. He will be the best the next two years. Sorry for the confusion, I just call them how i see them.

Fair enough. I saw him play several times this year myself. No question he'll be (and is) very good.

"a D-1 corner"

That is a pretty strong statement; I don't remember any NKY kid being signed to a scholarship to play CB in the last 25 years.

Some may have escaped my memory, but it takes a special ability to play CB at the D1 level.

Even Collinsworth(all State as a So. I believe) and Simpson are being speculated to play WR & S/RB respectively.

Colerain has one semi-off year (8-2) and they immediately fall into the "non-consistent" category. Wow. Tough standards you have. Let's look at what they've done since 2000:

2000: 10-0 regular season; 3-1 postseason

2001: 10-0; 1-1

2002; 9-1; 2-1

2003: 10-0; 2-1

2004: 10-0; 5-0

2005: 9-1; 2-1

2006: 10-0; 3-1

2007: 10-0; 2-1

2008: 9-0; 2-1

2009: of course, the dreadful 8-2 campaign

(just so we're clear, that's 4 regular season losses in 10 years and 22 playoffs wins in the same period.)

Seems fairly consistent to me. Probably to a lot of other people also. Gee, based on your standards, apparently not even St. X, Elder, or Moeller are "consistent". I guess only Highlands has earned that adjective in our area.

I don't even follow your logic in the paragraph about Colerain playing/not playing for a national championship. Go look at their past schedules. Look who they've played (and beaten). They play the best teams from one of the best high school football areas in the country and are always a threat to win the state title. What else would you have them do? Travel to Texas or California on a regular basis to play their top teams for a "national championship" title that doesn't really exist?

Yes, Ryle could have scheduled those teams you listed that are "comparable" to them. Thanks for making mine (and other's) point - they were not looking to add a game like that. They were seeking to add another top-notch opponent similar to that of HHS.

Ridiculous point about what Highlands "lost" in the St. X game. It's football! Those injuries could have happened playing ANY of their games. Heck, they could have happened in practice. Why don't you ask the HHS people if they felt the St. X game was a mistake/loss because of the injuries? I'll bet you can't find a single person to support that non-sensical notion.

Your final statements regarding your bias towards Ryle speak for themselves. No need for me to expound on it any further. You did a fine job on your own. :rolleyes:

If you don't believe playing a team like St. X poses any more risk to injuries, then you really don't understand the caliber of the athletes in the GCL (90+ Jrs. and Srs. says it all). They have more bigger, faster athletes yearly than any league in the country and Colerain is on that level.

The last time Highlands played St. X & Colerain, they have had 3 QB's injured!

"a D-1 corner"

That is a pretty strong statement; I don't remember any NKY kid being signed to a scholarship to play CB in the last 25 years.

Some may have escaped my memory, but it takes a special ability to play CB at the D1 level.

Even Collinsworth(all State as a So. I believe) and Simpson are being speculated to play WR & S/RB respectively.

Well if you wanna be technical about it how about secondary? Mike Mitchell? I really look forward to watching Drake this year. I wanna see his combine stats and see how well he does with man to man coverage. He is a hit first ask questions later corner. If he can register a 40 anywhere in the 4,4's and continue to develop he will play corner/saftey at the next level.

Anyhow we are all guilty of hijacking this thread..... back to topic. :laugh:

Edited by John Anthony

If you don't believe playing a team like St. X poses any more risk to injuries, then you really don't understand the caliber of the athletes in the GCL (90+ Jrs. and Srs. says it all). They have more bigger, faster athletes yearly than any league in the country and Colerain is on that level.

The last time Highlands played St. X & Colerain, they have had 3 QB's injured!

Bardo was injured out of bounds on a late hit personal foul call. It had nothing to do with playing Cincy X!!!! :ohbrother: