2024 Woodford County Yellow Jackets

Aug 24 at Taylor County (at Little Ceasars Fort Harrod Bowl)
Aug 30 vs. Paul Laurence Dunbar (Woodford County Bowl)
Sep 6 vs. Atherton
Sep 13 at Warren (CA)
Sep 20 at Pulaski County
Sep 27 - BYE
Oct 4 at South Oldham (District)
Oct 11 vs. Collins (District)
Oct 18 at Scott County (District)
Oct 25 vs. Anderson County (District)
Nov 1 at Ballard

WoodfordCounty.jpg.d6b4f85b9b5dc7f223b010abda536d6a.jpg

1 hour ago, WOFOJP61 said:

From what I was, told they will be going to California to play. 

Man I love the thought of a Kentucky football team flying all the way out to California and wooping up on them.

Woodford will be losing time, (aka, kicking off what feels like 3 hours later than normal). Last year Warren came and played here, which would have been gaining 3 hours, and I feel like is an easier adjustment to make on the short term. But Woodford won 40-39 last year. This could be a definite challenge to head to their home field and repeat the win.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder how a game like that comes about. I wouldn’t think coach was sitting there one day and thinks I’m going to call some random school in California and set up a home and away.

5 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

I wonder how a game like that comes about. I wouldn’t think coach was sitting there one day and thinks I’m going to call some random school in California and set up a home and away.

Networking. The Warren (CA) team had a top recruit that Tennessee wanted last season, and some boosters wanted to set up a showcase game to have him play in.

They advertised on a coaching site they were looking for an opponent and Coach Johnson made the connection.

The game was originally to be held at Neyland, but that fell through, so the teams set up a home and away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2