Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

Well if you all would have been watchin the story on WHAS many of the public school athletes opposed that separation b/c beating an X or a Trinity makes victory that much sweeter with the advantage they have. And you are lieing if you say they do not have an advantage due to their ability to pull from anywhere in Jeff co. its neighboring counties and in Indiana while most of the public schools are stuck with kids that are within their home school district. It supports the theory of divide and conquer.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

$$$ $$$ $$$

Privates will be able to offer financial aid for athletic purposes.

But what i am saying is it cant hurt what it cant touch. The are no private schools in the area that i live in so all of our athletes will stay where they are at. It may hurt NKY, Lexington, and Louisville but not most of the other areas of KY.

I think from what I understand from hearing coaches talk. All the publics want is a level field. Same rules for all. It is easy for the privates to say leave it alone when it is set up in their favor and they benefit. When concessions are asked for to make all things equal publics are cry babies? I think it sounds the other way now. No one wins here. Stricter bounderies, monitoring of tuition or other incentives that public OR private could give. NUMBERS. This does not end championships it just adds another with more parity. THis actually could turn out to be better financially for the KHSAA and ALL schools involved. You would have a few more games to play with additional gate . I hope the KHSAA finds a way to make this fair and equitable for ALL. Private and Public.

If you read the KHSAA rules you will find that they are EXACTLY the same for all. I challenge anyone to show me one KHSAA rule that is different.

We already have name for the association RPHSAA :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

BTW, RP...remember I get a position in this new association and I would like the basketball trophy to be named after me....being that Trinity will now get to have one :D

You'll have to get past our basketball team first!

DAVE

Well if you all would have been watchin the story on WHAS many of the public school athletes opposed that separation b/c beating an X or a Trinity makes victory that much sweeter with the advantage they have. And you are lieing if you say they do not have an advantage due to their ability to pull from anywhere in Jeff co. its neighboring counties and in Indiana while most of the public schools are stuck with kids that are within their home school district. It supports the theory of divide and conquer.

You do realize Louisville has open enrollment????

And that Male and Manual draw from all over the city????????????

Since the KHSAA will be watered down, and more and more of the better athletes will now attend private schools.
Tennessee made the separation 10 years ago, and that isn't the case there. The best football team in Tennessee this year, by almost all accounts, is Murfreesboro Riverdale. In most years, the best basketball teams are from public schools.

The word on the street is that the Catholic schools of Kentucky will not participate in any KHSAA Championship if the separation goes through, nor will they compete against any public school. Why bring the large crowds and pay for the public schools athletic budget.

This will come true, there is no doubt in my mind

While I think that is a shame I don't blame them a bit if they do!

I would disagree. In fact when the tourney was in Louisville, the numbers were much smaller. It's the public schools that turn out in mass and support their teams in the Sweet 16.

And assuming there will still be a private school football championship the Football revenue will probably go up as the result of 5 games.

Good point on the Sweet Sixteen. I see very little effect if any on attendance.