Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

if it does pass then we should all push for a game to pit the private schools Champions verses the Publics Champion for an overall champ.

The word on the street is that the Catholic schools of Kentucky will not participate in any KHSAA Championship if the separation goes through, nor will they compete against any public school. Why bring the large crowds and pay for the public schools athletic budget.

This will come true, there is no doubt in my mind

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The vote was 195 - 78....Obviously there were 48 ( I think) privates....I would like to know the 30 teams that have actual desire to be the best.

Teams or Principals?! There's a difference, as evidenced by a thread posted just today...

The key word is "openly", it's going on now - so I don't think anyone is worried about the fact that they will come out of the closet.

Yes. My son got recruited by two (2) different public schools who asked him to leave LCA in Lexington and play for them.

Let's assume this continues on and is successful on being passed.

Even if the KHSAA bellies-up financially, the state would keep it running so the public schools could play their schedules and have a championship. The public will demand it.

There could be 2 separate high school champions and all we'd hear is a silly argument all year long about who is better...and I personally am tired of hearing silly arguments.

But more importantly, this is not a simple rules change that affects coaches and players, like adding a play clock.

This affects a lot of people. As has been said, let the lawsuits begin. I suspect you will see legislation to take away all KHSAA control over the private schools.

And the private schools would do very well on their own.

Recruiting will become an accepted way of doing business...at least for private schools. Public schools will have to continue under KHSAA rules.

With no district schedule of playing Kentucky public schools, the private schools can fill out their schedule by flying their teams all over the country to play the nation's best. They can work on becoming nationally known sports factories...all the while providing great education.

And help families pay for such a chance.

What parent with a D-1 level athlete wouldn't prefer to put their child in that environment?

Which means the public schools will lose good athletes and good students... a lot more than they think they are losing now.

And despite the fact that my kids went to a private school, I don't want this, because I think it hurts all of Kentucky.

So what is accomplished by this vote?

sounds like the privates should have voted for it to because you guys can now take over the state and thats what you wanted in the first place.

Hey, we were trying to be team players and not rock the boat. The public screwed themselves, and that will become more evident in the near future.

I asked several of the kids that play football at my school and they had no idea what it was. When it was explained they all seemed to say they thought it was fine with them if the privates left.

One - I don't truly believe this

Two - They have had bad leaders in their life, if they don't want to strive to be the best.

One - I don't truly believe this

Two - They have had bad leaders in their life, if they don't want to strive to be the best.

Depends on the school... I could understand a bone weariness if you played for a school that had 60-0 blowouts weekly. It's a strugle i some places to strap up on Friday nights. Not that kicking the privates out would solve that, I can just understand the apathy. No reason to down kids without knowing the circumstance.

And assuming there will still be a private school football championship the Football revenue will probably go up as the result of 5 games.

You don't think that the privates are going to sit by and let the KHSAA dictate the rest of their lives do you?

I can guarantee Highlands voted against it. Why would anyone want a diluted state playoffs? Of course it would give even more incentive for the best school programs public or private to start setting Home/Home series every year so they continue to test themselves against the best, since they won't face them in the playoffs. And unfortunately, it will give Highlands an excuse to keep going to Ohio teams to get smacked around on Friday nights..Arghhh

They Board of Control has always said the member delegates make the decisions they just do the will of the members. If they don't pass it, they'll be hypocritical and succession from the other side will be possible.

Which would be fine. They would have to start their own Association....while we could stay put, and have a state championship with those that didn't want us out in the first place.