Open Job: Walton Verona

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

This can't be a positive for Walton-Verona.

Anyone?

This is kind of out of nowhere. Is there more to this story? If you had asked me who would be the next coach in NKY to leave, Barth wouldn't have been anywhere near the top of my list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjs4470 said:

This is kind of out of nowhere. Is there more to this story? If you had asked me who would be the next coach in NKY to leave, Barth wouldn't have been anywhere near the top of my list.

I have no idea but at a minimum I would like to hear the reasoning for the move. 

And what a big win for the Ludlow Panthers!

1 hour ago, theguru said:

I have no idea but at a minimum I would like to hear the reasoning for the move. 

And what a big win for the Ludlow Panthers!

Does anyone know if he is close to retirement? If so it could be to up his top pay for retirement since I believe Ludlow pays more than Walton in regards to teaching salaries. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Does anyone know if he is close to retirement? If so it could be to up his top pay for retirement since I believe Ludlow pays more than Walton in regards to teaching salaries. 

I have no idea but less responsibility and more money sounds like a winner to me. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Weaselbird44 said:

I know Coach Barth has grade school age kids still and probably wants to spend some more time at their events. 

From my understanding that is a big part of it and more money sure does help. He has done a fabulous job at WV. I hope Cole Mosier gets a shot at this having been waiting in the wings for a while now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The sarge said:

From my understanding that is a big part of it and more money sure does help. He has done a fabulous job at WV. I hope Cole Mosier gets a shot at this having been waiting in the wings for a while now. 

Does Cole teach at Walton?

1 hour ago, The sarge said:

Only coach in school history, correct? Regional finalists in 2012, 2019, 2020, and 2021, along with a state semifinal appearance in 2018. All for a school that didn't field a team until 2008.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Only coach in school history, correct? Regional finalists in 2012, 2019, 2020, and 2021, along with a state semifinal appearance in 2018. All for a school that didn't field a team until 2008.

Woody McMillen was the first coach. 

• Thanks 1