2024 Ryle Raiders

I ran into a Ryle booster yesterday when I was out and about.  Two things stood out to me about the conversation, Ryle is optimistic about their 2024 team and they know the opening game against CovCath will let them know almost exactly where they stand.  My comment on CCH was if the game is close that is probably not a good sign but if Ryle wins by three touchdowns or so, then just maybe they can compete in 6A this year.

My thinking on Ryle is always wake me up when September ends.  The Raiders only have three games in the month of September but those games are against Cooper, Highlands, and CAL.  Speaking of Ryle's schedule, I love it!

ryle2024.jpg

• Like 1

5 and 5 at best.  They are not beating Cov Cath, Cooper, Highlands, CAL or St. X.  They have some pretty good players but they seem to always have good players but end up 5-5.  Some of that is because they play a tough schedule and some of it is because I just can’t figure it out.

30 minutes ago, Cousin Chris said:

5 and 5 at best.  They are not beating Cov Cath, Cooper, Highlands, CAL or St. X.  They have some pretty good players but they seem to always have good players but end up 5-5.  Some of that is because they play a tough schedule and some of it is because I just can’t figure it out.

I think they will beat Highlands and CAL out of those teams you just mentioned. 

11 hours ago, Cousin Chris said:

See bold below.

On 5/15/2024 at 8:40 AM, ChiefSmoke said:

Coach Engler is getting it done at Ryle. He was a guest on our podcast last fall. You will enjoy his comments and comparision of central KY football as compared to northern KY football!

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/the-coaches-office-with-coach-engler--56729664

That answers that. 

14 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I think they will beat Highlands and CAL out of those teams you just mentioned. 

I can't speak for Highlands, but I don't believe Ryle will beat CAL this year.  CAL did lose Cole Hodge and Justin Ruffin, along with some other role players, but they return an awful lot, plus Tyree Stoner will be their QB and he's pretty solid.  I don't think you'll see much of a dropoff from CAL this year from last, if any at all.  Plus the game is at CAL this year.

• Thanks 1

I think Ryle has a very good season , impressive schedule !! Also curious to see if they can pull off 9 straight against Cooper. Almost a decade since the Jags have knocked off the Raiders , that should make for a good one!

• Like 1

Ryle returns pretty much all of their defense and both lines, if I remember correctly the defense gave Cooper fits. Raiders lost 3 key players in Verax, Reynolds and Coleman. Current Sophomores and Juniors should fill those spots this season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cousin Chris said:

If Ryle beats Cooper this year then send over the crow and I will sharpen my knife and fork.  It’s not gonna happen.

I couldn’t make that bold of a prediction against a team that they haven’t beat since 2015. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ovrlkd said:

Ryle returns pretty much all of their defense and both lines, if I remember correctly the defense gave Cooper fits. Raiders lost 3 key players in Verax, Reynolds and Coleman. Current Sophomores and Juniors should fill those spots this season.

Returning both lines plus a couple high end NKY players plus a potential real good QB and a nice freshman team coming up is a recipe for a really nice season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cousin Chris said:

If Ryle beats Cooper this year then send over the crow and I will sharpen my knife and fork.  It’s not gonna happen.

We heard the same thing last year about the streak will end. How did that turn out (28-10 Ryle)? I believe it will be a tight battle between two good, evenly matched rivals. The game could go either way. Cooper is due, having lost 9 in a row to Ryle including 2 losses in 2016.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NKY-guy said:

I think Ryle has a very good season , impressive schedule !! Also curious to see if they can pull off 9 straight against Cooper. Almost a decade since the Jags have knocked off the Raiders , that should make for a good one!

Has Cooper ever beat Ryle? I know Cooper has never beat SK.

8 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Looks like they’re 4-12 all time maybe 4-11

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Cooper is 3-14 vs. Ryle winning in 2012, 2014, and 2015. The only year they played twice was in 2016, with Ryle winning 49-42 and 49-20.

• Like 1