2024 Simon Kenton Pioneers

2023 Outcome 

The Pioneers went 5-5 last season the defense struggled at times. The Pioneers had a huge question mark at qb. That all changed when back up qb Brady Lee got a chance. The Pioneers offense was one of the top scoring teams last season. 

Key players graduated-  Aba Selm, Jake Puttoff, Nathan Kitchens, Carter Blades, Luke Schieber, Mark Ober, Levi Davis, Caleb Bleier, Cohen Schmidt and Tyler Carr.

2024 Outlook

The Pioneers will be lead by a high powered offense Sr. Brady Lee 6'1 185 will return at qb throwing for over 2200 yards. He will have Sr. RB Durrell Turner 5'7 165who lead 6A in rushing! WR Jr. Grayson Harris 5'11 160 and So. Tysin Weaver 5'11 170 are the two leading receivers.  The Oline will be Senior dominated lead by Preston McCauley 6'2 280, Gavin Jordan 6'2 230, Sam Miller 6'1 235, Tyler Cleveland 6'2 250 and Jr. Cooper Cahill 6'3 280.

The defense will be lead by Sr. LB  Aven Bohms 6'1 215 he is the leading tackler. Jr. DE/LB Brayden Schoborg 6'2 205, LB/DB/RB Landon Brown 5'8 165, Sr. DB Hayden Blair 6'1 170, CB So. Colton Farfsing 5'10 165, Jr. LB Tucker Ober 6'2 180 and Jr. DL Stuart Campbell 5'10 190.

Schedule 

Aug 9th scrimmage at LexCath 

Aug 16th scrimmage at South Oldham

Aug 23rd at Dixie

Aug 30th at Mercer

Sept 6th at CovCath

Sept 13th H Beechwood 

Sept 20th H Conner

Spet 27th H Paul Laurence Dunbar

Oct 11th at Great Crossing 

Oct 18th at Campbell County 

Oct 25th H Ryle

Nov 1st H Ashland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@MaddenCurse44, what do you say?

Without me really digging in and just using my old memory I am thinking 5-5 again.

Wins: Mercer, Conner, Dunbar, Campbell County, Ashland

Campbell County and Ashland will be extremely close could easily be losses if not on your A game.

On the other hand, Dixie, Great Crossings could be a winnable game.

With all that babbling I see anywhere from a 3-7 to a 7-3 season, so that’s why I’m going for the middle record of 5-5.

August yet?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Schedule 

Aug 9th scrimmage at LexCath 

Aug 16th scrimmage at South Oldham

Aug 23rd at Dixie

Aug 30th at Mercer

Sept 6th at CovCath

Sept 13th H Beechwood 

Sept 20th H Conner

Spet 27th H Paul Laurence Dunbar

Oct 11th at Great Crossing 

Oct 18th at Campbell County 

Oct 25th H Ryle

Nov 1st H Ashland

Is that at Mercer County in Harrodsburg, KY or someone else?

5 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

@MaddenCurse44, what do you say?

Without me really digging in and just using my old memory I am thinking 5-5 again.

Wins: Mercer, Conner, Dunbar, Campbell County, Ashland

Campbell County and Ashland will be extremely close could easily be losses if not on your A game.

On the other hand, Dixie, Great Crossings could be a winnable game.

With all that babbling I see anywhere from a 3-7 to a 7-3 season, so that’s why I’m going for the middle record of 5-5.

August yet?

They will win at least 8 Beechwood and CovCath will be close games.

• Haha 2

To me this sounds like the classic "copy and paste" situation.

Off-season of They will win 7-9 games. Have an explosive offense and need to fix the defense.

Regular season win 3-5 games. Offense scores points and the defense can't stop anyone.

Complain about the coaching and injuries till Dec 31.

Rinse and Repeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

I looked for the offense to be explosive. They have a lot of depth. I'm praying they have fixed the defense this year. 

This is critical, and a recurring issue for the Pioneers. Since the KHSAA went to a six class system in '07, SK is giving up nearly 45 points per game in their playoff losses. 

1 hour ago, Runcible Owl said:

This is critical, and a recurring issue for the Pioneers. Since the KHSAA went to a six class system in '07, SK is giving up nearly 45 points per game in their playoff losses. 

The defense has been bad since Herbst went to Dayton.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...