Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

02Ram54

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 02Ram54

  1. 1st quarter 4:26 tied at 7
  2. On Poplar Level. Now they're playing on Preston Highway.
  3. If you look at my next post, it's just as accurate to say that I think X is more likely to beat Male than Manual is to beat Trinity. All I'm saying is that Manual advancing is the only result that I would consider an upset. Manual advancing past the next game would be an even bigger upset.
  4. By which I mean I think the X-Male game is a true 50/50 toss up and I think Trinity is a slight favorite over Manual.
  5. I think Male is more likely to beat X than Manual is to beat Trinity.
  6. Probably SK-Dixie, just so I can get an idea if they're any good or not.
  7. The first round practically already is a bye for most of the district winners. That seems needlessly convoluted.
  8. I don't think either look like the end of the world.
  9. Alternatively, pair the Male district with the NKY district: Round 1 Ryle at Male Seneca at Campbell County Dixie Heights at Fern Creek Southern at SK PRP at Trinity Eastern at Manual Butler at Ballard Oldham County at St X Round 2 Campbell County at Male Fern Creek at SK Manual at Trinity Ballard at St X
  10. Because moderate thread necromancy amuses me, here's what the first two rounds of the playoffs would have looked like under the other alignment (assuming that the X-Manual-Butler-PRP district is paired with the NKY district): Round 1 Ryle at St X Butler at Campbell County Dixie Heights at Manual PRP at SK Southern at Trinity Eastern at Fern Creek Seneca at Ballard Oldham County at Male Round 2 Campbell County at St X Manual at SK Fern Creek at Trinity Ballard at Male
  11. So Manual and St X shouldn't be playoff teams?
  12. It's not that crazy. When Manual became an academic magnet-only high school, the athletic talent pool was suddenly very dry. I wasn't around then, but I was told that all the talent transferred under the incorrect impression that they wouldn't be allowed to stay. Then you've got a completely bare cupboard and once a program hits rock-bottom in a county with literally dozens of choices of where to play football (compounded by the fact that no one ends up at Manual without explicitly choosing to go there) it's tough to climb back out. Manual didn't even beat Male again until 2001.
  13. Not sure how I missed your post, but obviously I agree with you.
  14. 1988, I'm 99% sure. They lost to Trinity in the finals.
  15. I'll go on record as saying that while I would prefer a Manual victory, I think the intangibles--playoff experience/defending champs and home-field advantage--make Trinity the favorite here.
  16. Ballard & Seneca are just as close to being inside the Watterson as Male. Why doesn't that enter in to it?
  17. While Butler is actually INSIDE of the Watterson...:walk:
  18. Again, this has been beaten to death, but Trinity clearly belongs in the district with Oldham County, Eastern and Ballard. Geographically, Trinity is closer to all three of those opponents than Fern Creek. I think this should end the argument, especially as OC is going to be the school furthest from all their opponents everything should be done to reduce the size of that district. Socially, Fern Creek is closer to Southern, Seneca and Male than the East End areas of town. Historically, Trinity has been district partners with Eastern and Ballard, while Fern Creek has traditionally played Southern and Seneca. This is the current alignment: Red: PRP, Butler, Southern, Seneca Green: Manual, StX, Male, Trinity Blue: Fern Creek, Ballard, Butler, Oldham County This is the alternative: Red: PRP, Butler, Manual, X Green: Southern, Male, Seneca, Fern Creek Blue: Trinity, Ballard, Eastern, Oldham County Again, I know that this is a retread of a years old discussion, but I really feel like the visual aid demonstrates how clearly gerrymandered the super district is.
  19. It's not what makes sense historically or geographically in Jefferson County, but that's a horse that's been beaten into paste.
  20. And that's not even a fair accounting, as Male, Manual, X & T each knocked off a Louisville team to advance.
  21. My two cents: No combination of results between these four teams would surprise me on Friday night. That said, if the pairings were different, I would expect Male and St. X to both advance, as I think they're 1 and 1A in 6A with Trinity and Manual right behind. If the winner of the Male-X game is healthy, I think they're the favorite to advance.
  22. I only started the thread...:idunno:
  23. Trinity had the #3 team in the other district. Manual played the #1 seed.
  24. Super District 164, Opposition 16 X, Male & Manual all post shut-outs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.