02Ram54

Who wins?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll go on record as saying that while I would prefer a Manual victory, I think the intangibles--playoff experience/defending champs and home-field advantage--make Trinity the favorite here.

T may be the "Favorite" - FWTIW - but about as "tight" of a possible Playoff game T has had in many a year. M is peaking and has done very well - while the Rocks - have struggled (to be kind).

Don't know what to think other than - hope we can find a way to win - one more week.

GO ROCKS..

1988, I'm 99% sure. They lost to Trinity in the finals.

I looked it up, and they made one in 2008. Not sure how I forgot that since they beat Greenwood in the second round.

But you all are telling me that it might have been 20 years before that that Manual won two playoff games? That's crazy!

I looked it up, and they made one in 2008. Not sure how I forgot that since they beat Greenwood in the second round.

But you all are telling me that it might have been 20 years before that that Manual won two playoff games? That's crazy!

It's not that crazy. When Manual became an academic magnet-only high school, the athletic talent pool was suddenly very dry. I wasn't around then, but I was told that all the talent transferred under the incorrect impression that they wouldn't be allowed to stay. Then you've got a completely bare cupboard and once a program hits rock-bottom in a county with literally dozens of choices of where to play football (compounded by the fact that no one ends up at Manual without explicitly choosing to go there) it's tough to climb back out. Manual didn't even beat Male again until 2001.

My confidence in the Big Green Machine has never faltered. Trinity playing at home is a nice plus. The talent is there and the skill players are virtually injury free. The Rocks are 30-1 in 6A playoff contests. This bunch of seniors is 11-0 in post season games with two rings. They understand what is at stake each week. They are not as dominant in big play ability at this time. Their transformation from finesse to playing a more physical brand of football will be apparent this Friday. I like Trinity 35-21.

My confidence in the Big Green Machine has never faltered. Trinity playing at home is a nice plus. The talent is there and the skill players are virtually injury free. The Rocks are 30-1 in 6A playoff contests. This bunch of seniors is 11-0 in post season games with two rings. They understand what is at stake each week. They are not as dominant in big play ability at this time. Their transformation from finesse to playing a more physical brand of football will be apparent this Friday. I like Trinity 35-21.

You mentioned that the seniors are 11-0 in the playoffs, but how many of the seniors were key contributors in those 11 victories?

I want believe the hype around Manual right now, but until they can prove they win a game like this I'm going to say that T wins by 10.