Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I asked several of the kids that play football at my school and they had no idea what it was. When it was explained they all seemed to say they thought it was fine with them if the privates left.

Maybe it should also be explained to those players that they can kiss any possibility of playing D-1 good-bye. Since the KHSAA will be watered down, and more and more of the better athletes will now attend private schools. Athletes in EKY hardly get any exposer as it is now, this will ensure they will get none at all.

Public schools are opening up a can of worms. :thumb:

Someone should of thought more about stopping the recruiting process and keeping the situation together than cutting off their noses in spite of their face.

Good post.

The key word is "openly", it's going on now - so I don't think anyone is worried about the fact that they will come out of the closet.

No one has shown any intention of hurting anyone. To think that the desire was to "hurt" anyone is childish.

As for finances. Very few schools make any money off athletics. There are a handful that have one or two big gates a year, but most of those are traditional rivals. The only attendance that may be affected is the sweet sixteen and the 4A state championship game.

I can understand that many of you are dissappointed. But get a grip, this is sports and extra circular activety. None of these kids are going to be prevented from getting a quality education at private schools, and none are going to be denied the chance to play or compete for titles. It's the simple evolution of a system.

No one has suggested it's about hurting anyone. What it is about is little fish wanting to be big fish in a smaller pond for their own glorification.

You're incorrect that schools would not be effectrd financially by this. They definitely would--and at all levels.

People are disapointed because this would prevent kids from getting the same scool experience that they would otherwise have. They will have chance to compete...but for what?

I still don't think it will actually come to pass. The Vote yes but not the board of control and the board of Education or the State legislature and Courts. If it does then I will be shocked!!! :scared:

Again this is a bad move, if it does pass then we should all push for a game to pit the private schools Champions verses the Publics Champion for an overall champ.

They Board of Control has always said the member delegates make the decisions they just do the will of the members. If they don't pass it, they'll be hypocritical and succession from the other side will be possible.

For those of you who say the public school athlete will not be hurt by this consider the sport of wrestling for a minute.

There are currently 8 (I believe) private schools with wrestling teams. Public schools win championships in this sport regularly. Explain to me how the private school wrestlers are not hurt by this.

Why should those who support/follow the private schools help pad the pockets of those who don't want them anyway?

They could forfeit, and then agree to play the game on another date and keep the gate for themselves, and that way we all would still know who won...I like it...

KICK US OUT

Maybe it should also be explained to those players that they can kiss any possibility of playing D-1 good-bye. Since the KHSAA will be watered down, and more and more of the better athletes will now attend private schools. Athletes in EKY hardly get any exposer as it is now, this will ensure they will get none at all.

Sad fact. EKY has a standout every couple years with great D1 talent. Now either they will be forced to move, or take their chances. Lose, lose situation for EKY. Harder to get out when you don't have a great team to prove anything against.

The key word is "openly", it's going on now - so I don't think anyone is worried about the fact that they will come out of the closet.

Prove it

Again, shouldn't the 4A schools from eastern Kentucky worry more about beating the Lexington area PUBLIC schools in the playoffs then eliminating a level of competition they will probably never face?

If this comes to pass will in make it more likely that Madison Central, or Whitley Co. or any of the Laural schools will actually win a state championship?