Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime

This year all Thursday night football games are broadcast exclusively on Amazon Prime which is fine with me since I am a Prime member like I assume many of you are.  Here is the schedule courtesy of CBS Sports:

Week 2 (Sept. 15): Los Angeles Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs
Week 3 (Sept. 22): Steelers at Browns 
Week 4 (Sept. 29): Dolphins at Bengals 
Week 5 (Oct. 6): Colts at Broncos 
Week 6 (Oct. 13): Commanders at Bears 
Week 7 (Oct. 20): Saints at Cardinals 
Week 8 (Oct. 27): Ravens at Buccaneers 
Week 9 (Nov. 3): Eagles at Texans 
Week 10 (Nov. 10): Falcons at Panthers 
Week 11 (Nov. 17): Titans at Packers 
Week 13 (Dec. 1): Bills at Patriots 
Week 14 (Dec. 8): Raiders at Rams 
Week 15 (Dec. 15): 49ers at Seahawks 
Week 16 (Dec. 22): Jaguars at Jets
Week 17 (Dec. 29): Cowboys at Titans 

Also, here is a link to the Amazon announcement about it:

https://www.amazon.com/adlp/tnf?ref_=pe_53037120_638561310

I like that we play at home and that it is early in the season.  We play the Jets in New York the week before and the Fins play the Bills at home the week before which I really like for the Bengals.

Thursday night games are one of my favorite things about the NFL even though I know some of the players are not fond of it and I totally understand.

Anyone have any thoughts on TNF?

I wonder what the chances are that a local TV station will pick up the Amazon Prime games when that city plays.  It usually happens now for ESPN and NFL Network, but I have my doubts about Amazon Prime.

2 minutes ago, nkypete said:

I wonder what the chances are that a local TV station will pick up the Amazon Prime games when that city plays.  It usually happens now for ESPN and NFL Network, but I have my doubts about Amazon Prime.

In reading some, it sounds as if there should still be local coverage.

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

If Prime is the only option, I will not be watching. I am not a Prime member. In my life, I have purchased one pair of gym shoes on Amazon. That is all and I don't plan to change that. 

I love Prime/Amazon and use it a lot.  Full disclosure here, I work with Amazon. 

3 hours ago, bugatti said:

In reading some, it sounds as if there should still be local coverage.

Can you share more info about that?  I hope "locals" get coverage too and I wonder if there is still a "sellout exception" but I also wonder if it will be Prime or the highway. 

44 minutes ago, theguru said:

I love Prime/Amazon and use it a lot.  Full disclosure here, I work with Amazon. 

I know I am different than most. There are some parts of my life where I use technology a lot. Buying stuff is not one of them.

Getting back to the topic, I wonder how viewership on Prime compares to ESPN or the networks?

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I know I am different than most. There are some parts of my life where I use technology a lot. Buying stuff is not one of them.

Getting back to the topic, I wonder how viewership on Prime compares to ESPN or the networks?

Prime and Fresh are so convenient and I will go back to topic too.

Here is an article on it, it seems pretty optimistic but it is an Amazon article.

1. Thursday Night Football on Prime Video reaches live streaming audiences at scale5
In 2020, total NFL live sports streamed on Prime Video―inclusive of Thursday Night Football games, the exclusive Saturday game, and the Wild Card playoff game―reached 11.3 million total unique viewers.6 On average, viewers spent nearly 1.5 hours watching each game.

The exclusive Saturday game and the Wild Card playoff game brought a significant incremental audience to the Thursday Night Football games. The exclusive Saturday game on December 26 delivered the highest-ever digital average minute audience (4.8 million) for an NFL regular-season game,7 and the majority of this audience was incremental to Thursday Night Football games.

https://advertising.amazon.com/blog/thursday-night-football-on-prime-video#:~:text=In 2020%2C total NFL live,11.3 million total unique viewers.&text=On average%2C viewers spent nearly 1.5 hours watching each game.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Can you share more info about that?  I hope "locals" get coverage too and I wonder if there is still a "sellout exception" but I also wonder if it will be Prime or the highway. 

This is what I came across:

All Thursday Night Football games are streaming on Prime Video. Local stations for the two teams that are playing on Thursday Night Football in a given week are also going to have the game (check local listings).

So I assume if the Bengals are playing the Steelers (eg.), it will be an AFC game and  broadcast on your local CBS affiliate that regularly telecasts games. Not sure if it will be a CBS crew or just a simulcast of the Prime coverage?

• Thanks 3

38 minutes ago, bugatti said:

All Thursday Night Football games are streaming on Prime Video. Local stations for the two teams that are playing on Thursday Night Football in a given week are also going to have the game (check local listings).

So I assume if the Bengals are playing the Steelers (eg.), it will be an AFC game and  broadcast on your local CBS affiliate that regularly telecasts games. Not sure if it will be a CBS crew or just a simulcast of the Prime coverage?

Thanks and I assume it would be the same for the Dolphins vs. the Bengals. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, bugatti said:

Pretty sure NBC is doing all of the production for Amazon.  

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...