Open Job: Newport

10 hours ago, theguru said:

I can't imagine there being much interest in this job.

I don't think this is a bad job. Timing isn't so great and that will limit the applicants, but I suspect that won't be that big of a deal with Wiggins in the building assuming he is interested in the job. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, hrcarrier said:

Usually not a good thing this late in. Hopefully Newport continues improving as they have. 

There's that "late" comment in another coach change thread. What makes the timing "not a good thing"?

20 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

There's that "late" comment in another coach change thread. What makes the timing "not a good thing"?

Most schools have already finished spring practice and half of their offseason workouts for the year.  It shouldn't be a deal breaker for the right coach but it does take away ten days of practice time before the first game.

1 hour ago, CoachFaucett said:

Most schools have already finished spring practice and half of their offseason workouts for the year.  It shouldn't be a deal breaker for the right coach but it does take away ten days of practice time before the first game.

The one that I see as impactful is missing ten days of practice time to put in your system.