2024 NBA Playoffs

If Boston does not make it out of the East, that would be an all-time epic fail. Seldom do you go into the playoffs with a team at minus odds, but here we are.

The West is as wide-open of race as I can remember. Going into last night, I would have said the only teams you could cross off would be Sacramento and Golden State (since eliminated). New Orleans may be without Zion (shocker!) so they are on the scratch-off list. So seven teams with a legit shot. That's insane.

I don't understand why they do the format this way for the play in games. I believe it should be the 7 seed vs the 10 seed, and 8 vs. the 9 seed. All the 7 and 8 seed have to do is win one game, while the 9 and 10 seed would have to be them twice. Take the Pelican's for example, they were the 7 seed and finished 2 games above the Lakers. The regular season should mean more than having to do a one game playoff against the 8 seed to see who gets to actually be the 7 seed, when they were two games above them. To me if a team earns the 7 seed, they should have to lose two games to the 10 seed to lose their spot. Then same for the 8 seed, should have to lose two games to the 9 seed to lose their spot as the 8 seed. 

33 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I don't understand why they do the format this way for the play in games. I believe it should be the 7 seed vs the 10 seed, and 8 vs. the 9 seed. All the 7 and 8 seed have to do is win one game, while the 9 and 10 seed would have to be them twice. Take the Pelican's for example, they were the 7 seed and finished 2 games above the Lakers. The regular season should mean more than having to do a one game playoff against the 8 seed to see who gets to actually be the 7 seed, when they were two games above them. To me if a team earns the 7 seed, they should have to lose two games to the 10 seed to lose their spot. Then same for the 8 seed, should have to lose two games to the 9 seed to lose their spot as the 8 seed. 

I think I agree with that fc but mostly I quoted your post to say wow on the new avatar, I love it! 🙂

36 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think I agree with that fc but mostly I quoted your post to say wow on the new avatar, I love it! 🙂

This avatar is fine too but the last one, the last one was 🔥

16 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I always enjoy the NBA Playoffs, because this is my favorite time of year in general. Masters, Derby, NBA Playoffs, Memorial Day, summer. 

I used to love to watch pro basketball, heck I'm an old ABA fan from back in the day.  Loved watching the Royals, Knicks, Pistons, 76ers, Celtics, Lakers, etc.  Last NBA game I attended was at Market Square Arena to watch Pacers(Clark Kellogg) vs Bulls......long time ago.  I just cannot get into the game played today.

Not sure I’ve ever seen as dramatic of back-to-back games as I just witnessed. To start, the Knicks overcame a Jordan flu type game type performance from Tyrese Maxey by reeling off eight points in about 20 seconds to steal the game. In the nightcap, the Nuggets rallied from a 20 point second half deficit with a buzzer beating jumper by Jamal Murray over the outstretched arms of Anthony Davis (Kentucky on Kentucky crime). Insane.

If you believe college basketball is better than this I don’t know what to tell you.

• Like 2

2 fantastic finishes tonight in the NBA.

Knicks score 8 points in the last 27 seconds to steal a win from the 76ers.

I took a nap during the second quarter and halftime of the Lakers and Nuggets and it was worth it. Lakers roar to a 20 point lead mid way through the 3rd quarter. Then the Nuggets just grind and grind, get it to 1 point with about 3 minutes left. LeBron hits back to back 3's. But the Nuggets keep grinding and Murray hits a fade away at the buzzer for a 2 point win. As entertaining as it gets on a basketball court.

I did learn one thing last night.  If you’re Nick Nurse, don’t bother trying to call a late timeout on the road (especially in New York) with the game on the line.  You will be summarily ignored.