Victor Wembanyama (Discussion)

Wembanyama is the most heralded player to enter the draft since LeBron. Some are saying that he's even a greater prospect than James or for that matter any player to ever come into the draft.

I've heard a couple of analysts say that they can't find a weakness in his game.

Lebron even said that this kid isn't a unicorn, he's an alien. 

So what does everyone predict this kids future will be?

In the GOAT discussion.

Multiple MVP and Title winner...considered a top 10 All-timer.

Great accumulator of indivual stats and maybe a title.

Comes in hot then settles in as a really good but not all-time great player.

Just never gets the feel for the NBA game, maybe wins ROY...but never seems to hit his potential. 

Can’t wait to see him against NBA talent. Dude is an absolute freak and IF he stays healthy I have no doubt he will be a high level impact player. I believe he will be an immediate force on the defensive end.

• Like 3

I'm skeptical. Dude will get mauled by every single center currently in the league unless they intend to play him as a stretch 4. 

He's got the raw talent, obviously. We'll see how that translates to the big leagues. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:02 PM, bugatti said:

Can’t wait to see him against NBA talent. Dude is an absolute freak and IF he stays healthy I have no doubt he will be a high level impact player. I believe he will be an immediate force on the defensive end.

My thoughts are exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

He's going to have to add some serious bulk to survive in the NBA.    Being pushed around by 7 foot 280 is not joke when you are a skinny kid.    Will he be Yao, or Manute?   Right now, I see him as Chet Holmgren, who still has everything to prove.

He has been playing in the top French pro league against men the last three years.

33 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

He will soon discover the French League is not the NBA.

Definitely not. But it isn’t the NCAA either. For a 18/19 year old kid it’s one of the better tune up gigs you can have.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, bugatti said:

Definitely not. But it isn’t the NCAA either. For a 18/19 year old kid it’s one of the better tune up gigs you can have.

I wish the kid well, but still very leery of his body holding up at the NBA level.

41 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I wish the kid well, but still very leery of his body holding up at the NBA level.

I am as well. But I'm working under the premise he will put on some bulk as he matures. Not saying he will be Shaq.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just not seeing it.  I think he will be an average NBA player.  He is not going to "bulk up"  body won't let him (see KD).  Not as smooth as KD off the bounce.  His size and length will allow him to be solid.

20 hours ago, ChuckT said:

I'm just not seeing it.  I think he will be an average NBA player.  He is not going to "bulk up"  body won't let him (see KD).  Not as smooth as KD off the bounce.  His size and length will allow him to be solid.

Barring injury, it seems that his floor is Rudy Gobert with an actual offensive game. If he meets his floor, that's far from an "average" NBA player.  KD never "bulked up" but he's considered above average defensively and one of the greats offensively.  Bulking up is just not as big of a deal as it was 20+ years ago.

• Like 1