Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

You very well could be right but coaches will find the good kids where ever they play...ie. Tim Couch

The thing is, players like Tim Couch would be moving and playing for the closest private school, so that they can get national recognition...and there's a chance that if there is a secession, these private schools will be able to openly recruit.

How ironic.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing is, players like Tim Couch would be moving and playing for the closest private school, so that they can get national recognition...and there's a chance that if there is a secession, these private schools will be able to openly recruit.

How ironic.

:thumb: :thumb:

It is so biased though...there are how many public school voting and how many private school voting. The privates are outnumbered before the vote even starts. Majority spoke before the vote even started.

So are the Republicans in Kentucky...but look what party is sitting in the Governors Mansion. But that is not working out too well either.

How ironic.

I think you are selling the kids short and their parents too. Not everyone can just pull up stakes and move to an "elite" private school. That is that wonderful elite attitude showing through.

No that would be stupid.

No, it would prove a point, that the KHSAA is dying, and without the MONEY that the privates bring in to the KHSAA they are finished. And that the privates and those who enjoy their company in the KHSAA are fed up.

Why should those who support/follow the private schools help pad the pockets of those who don't want them anyway?

I think you are selling the kids short and their parents too. Not everyone can just pull up stakes and move to an "elite" private school. That is that wonderful elite attitude showing through.

Maybe they would....some would, some wouldn't. Just like now, some people choose private schools, some public. Doesn't make either of them wrong...just trying to do what the think is best for their kid.

I have been a public school boy and even a coach at one point, and am thinking real hard about where I will send my kids now....especially if they are good in a particular sport!

Me and all of the rest of NKY wouldn't have to move. It would be easy to send my kids to a private school.

I am against this proposal BTW.

Curious, but what Privates have an advantage in EKY that would cause that many to vote this way? Little old Rose Hill???

:rolleyes:

I personally know how four schools voted....all county schools and all in eastern KY....ALL VOTED YES

I can't see why my school would vote for it. It's not like we ever play private schools much really. The only time would be down the road in the playoffs. And that's just sad to vote for it because of that.

"Hey, lets kick em out, so we can go further in the playoffs."

If this passes, the playoffs will be boring.

No, it would prove a point, that the KHSAA is dying, and without the privates and those who enjoy their company in the KHSAA are fed up.

Why should those who support/follow the private schools help pad the pockets of those who don't want them anyway?

The KHSAA is DYING....QUICKLY

Listen if they do that, they are cutting of their noses to spite their faces.

There will still be championship games to be played and people from those schools will still support them. Kids will still have the fun playing in a cahmpionship game.

I assume that most of the people posting here are adults. Lets remember that sports whether it is football or volleyball is for the kids, it is there to enrich the high school experience. It is only when adults get involved that there is touble.

I asked several of the kids that play football at my school and they had no idea what it was. When it was explained they all seemed to say they thought it was fine with them if the privates left.

I'm very surprised at how many public schools DIDN'T vote against it. Somebody would make a good used car salesman it seems.

Hey, I sell used cars (seriously). Please don't lump me in with these clowns.