Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it cuious that everyone is talking moving.....I aside from all the prop 20 stuff and entertained by this. People talking about moving. If I had a child who was an standout athlete, I would not move him. I would rather teach a valuable lesson on loyalty. Obviously that would be a new concept to many displaced Yankees in NKY anyway.

Nice insult.

Shouldn't the eastern KY 4A schools be more concerned about beating the public schools from Lexington in the playoffs before the worry about having to face a private school?

Sure. But private school supporters aren't going to quit going. Niether are casual fans. The only games that will be affected are the ones that would have involved Louisville schools. I don't see a big affect.

The 4A Final is a Louisville dominated game, and T and/or X fill the stands. Ask the state directly to the south about how their Finals now look...

Obviously (right or wrong) the majority rules, and in this case the majority has spoken. Should the other not follow suit, then that would TURELY be UN-AMERICAN.

:rolleyes: So you would want your school, or your kids have championships handed to them instead of earning them....

The thing is, players like Tim Couch would be moving and playing for the closest private school, so that they can get national recognition...and there's a chance that if there is a secession, these private schools will be able to openly recruit.

How ironic.

Public schools are opening up a can of worms. :thumb:

Someone should of thought more about stopping the recruiting process and keeping the situation together than cutting off their noses in spite of their face.

Good post.

I think you are selling the kids short and their parents too. Not everyone can just pull up stakes and move to an "elite" private school. That is that wonderful elite attitude showing through.

My attitude is hardly elitist; instead, I understand that many parents and kids want to get noticed, and if the privates leave the KHSAA, as I & others suggest they do, then that will be the easiest way to get noticed. Without the KHSAA, they'll be able to openly recruit and many will have the resources to play on the national scene. You won't have to move to an "elite" school, as you mentioned; on the other hand, you'll be able to attend that school from almost anywhere.

I find it hard to believe that those who supported Prop 20 are that selfish & short-sighted. Surely they don't expect the private schools to just sit back and accept this, do they? If so, I have a feeling that they are badly mistaken.

Hope everyone likes Memorial Coliseum, as without the privates Rupp will be too expensive for the Sweet 16.

I would disagree. In fact when the tourney was in Louisville, the numbers were much smaller. It's the public schools that turn out in mass and support their teams in the Sweet 16.

And assuming there will still be a private school football championship the Football revenue will probably go up as the result of 5 games.

Hmmm...weren't you just in the other thread agreeing with ram95 that this wouldn't pass and we were essentially playing Chicken Little? :fight:
I still don't think it will actually come to pass. The Vote yes but not the board of control and the board of Education or the State legislature and Courts. If it does then I will be shocked!!! :scared:

Again this is a bad move, if it does pass then we should all push for a game to pit the private schools Champions verses the Publics Champion for an overall champ.

I think from what I understand from hearing coaches talk. All the publics want is a level field. Same rules for all. It is easy for the privates to say leave it alone when it is set up in their favor and they benefit. When concessions are asked for to make all things equal publics are cry babies? I think it sounds the other way now. No one wins here. Stricter bounderies, monitoring of tuition or other incentives that public OR private could give. NUMBERS. This does not end championships it just adds another with more parity. THis actually could turn out to be better financially for the KHSAA and ALL schools involved. You would have a few more games to play with additional gate . I hope the KHSAA finds a way to make this fair and equitable for ALL. Private and Public.