Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

stark

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by stark

  1. Inquiring minds would like to know...
  2. 7 - East Jessamine 5 - Pike Central 3 - Campbellsville 2 - Allen Central 1 - Russell TB - East Jessamine
  3. 7 - Bath Co. 5 - Hazard 3 - Pikeville 2 - Knox Central 1 - Prestonsburg TB - Bath Co.
  4. 7 - Jenkins 5 - Knox Central 3 - Ashland 2 - Rockcastle Co. 1 - Belfry Tiebreaker - Jenkins
  5. With the players confidence shot since Branham left the team high-and-dry, I'd say this team will be winless this coming season, despite having winnable games with Beth Haven, South Floyd, Jackson County, Powell County on their schedule...
  6. I believe Brent Rose is getting to stay at Betsy Layne, although I can't confirm this...Rady Martin is at South Floyd...Roger Harless was hired as the boys coach at Sheldon Clark.
  7. Coach Spurlock is originally from Floyd County. :thumb:
  8. Betsy Layne @ South Floyd Prestonsburg @ Allen Central Both cancelled...Will be rescheduled for a later date. :irked:
  9. The truth needs to be said and put this situation to bed for the best. The worst thing is that the kids are suffering through politics and egos. I would challenge someone of authority to put the facts out there or close this thread before more assumptions are made.
  10. Why doesn't some enterprizing journalist or media person just call the school and verify something?
  11. No respectable coach resigns before the end of the season and hopes to move "up" the ladder in coaching. If that's the case, who would hire him? I'd be afraid that he'd leave my program for greener pastures. It looks bad on him if he resigned just to move up the coaching ladder. However, I don't know the entire situation, but the way it looks and judging from the past, it looks like he was forced to resign. And as for just bashing Johnson Central, hey it's all around as duely noted by firebird. :thumb:
  12. Very nice!!! It would be awesome for Shelby Valley to wear throwback Virgie jersey for the game (that is if it wouldn't offend Dorton Wildcat fans!)
  13. Johnson Central has to be the worst place to try and lead a program, especially if you are from outside the area. If you are not in the click or don't get along with the old guard that's already in charge, then you will never be successful. Sorry to hear this, if it's true. If you hire someone to coach a program, why is it that they can never do what they are hired to do? Of course, I'm only speculating, but what else could it be?
  14. Paintsville is playing good right now...However, I'll take Bardstown by 2
  15. South Floyd at Prestonsburg - Postponed tonight Allen Central at Betsy Layne - Postponed tonight
  16. Doesn't Big Sandy RECC cover some revenue problems as a corporate sponsor of the tournament? I can't imagine East KY Power Co-op passing on the chance to host the tournament at the Expo Center if it's feasible, and I don't if it is, I'm only speculating. As for concessions and Paintsville. I'll PM you. I just hope that this tournament will be rotated to "every" school in the future if this is to be the format.
  17. It' simply a chemistry problem. Starnes should have this turned around by March one way (reaching the regional to defend their title) or another (losing in the district and watching certain players graduate).
  18. If you have facilities like the East KY Expo Center to host tournament's in a more convenient fashion, I say why not use them? Sure, having the tournament at Paintsville created a loud atmosphere and old school enviroment. And if you ask me, the folks at Paintsville that put forth the work at hosting the tournament did a fantastic job. Paintsville makes the most of the limited space they have. However, we no longer live in times where fans have to stand along the sideline, teams go without lockerrooms, limited parking. Let this tournament shine at the Expo Center or somewhere neutral like Prestonsburg Fieldhouse. I know having the tournament at Prestonsburg is a long shot and all, but if you think about it, it makes sense. One thing's for sure, if this tournament is going to be rotating places in the future, then it needs to be played at South Floyd and Phelps as well, while the David School and Piarist can hold the tournament at Allen Central. The powers that be will make their excuses and cry foul and will get their way though, just like this year when the tournament was suppose to be at Betsy Layne until concessions were made.
  19. I agree. :thumb: The entire week was a well scripted dream for Paintsville.
  20. Paintsville should win this if they play under control and don't get caught up in a running shootout with Elliott County. If the Lions take control and are hot, EC will take home this win. I'll say Paintsville by 11
  21. JC is (5-10) overall. Too much McCarty and maybe some jealously on the part of the other players...Maybe that's the issue?
  22. Exactly...:thumb: All Breathitt County gave him after his one bad season was a screwdriver. :devil: No offense to Jackson City because I was at the AC/JC game the other night and the folks there were GREAT, but Brian is in coaching purgatory right now - no locker rooms, no coaching office, 65 boys in the school and he fields good numbers for JV and Varsity. He's doing the best he can with the hand he's been dealt with and I wouldn't turn my back on this team as an opposing coach. Davidson is the real deal - great scorer and passer. The first 5 know where they are suppose to be on the floor and work well, but like Augger noted, they don't have much depth.
  23. South Floyd's best player Ethan Johnson is trying to come back from a nagging achillies injury. He played, but wasn't 100%.
  24. Maybe the late schedule reflects the fact that their team didn't hire a coach until late in the summer...early fall.
  25. Starns wins one regional championship and suddenly his smarter than Naismith uh? What does your statement have to do with anything?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.