Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

15th Region Coaching Openings

Featured Replies

I read on another post that Betsy Layne, South Floyd, and Sheldon Clark had openings. If so, who are the frontrunners for these positions? I have not seen these on the KHSAA website as being open. Anyone have any info and are there anymore possible openings in the mountain regions?

I think Rady Martin will more than likley be the Head Coach at SF, he's on their staff and is probabily the best coach(who's not a head coach) in the region. Not sure about BL & SC.

  • Author

Do schools have to post openings or do thy just hire from within their systems? What happened to the coaches at Betsy Layne and Sheldon Clark? This might be a post for another forum, but are there any girls coaching jobs open in the 15th region?

I'm not real sure about the 1st question.

 

Floyd County passed a rule not allowing Principals to be head Coaches and that pretty much took Brent Rose, Betsy Layne's Coach, out of his coaching job considering he was a principal. I think SC's coach was eighter fired or resigned.

 

Not sure about girls coaches.

  • Author

Any names being tossed around for the other jobs?

  • Author

Any news about the Betsy Layne and Sheldon Clark positions? Anyone been mentioned or interviewed?

I think Roger Harless took over at SC.

One of the dumbest rules ever created by BOE of Floyd Co.

  • Author

I've heard some names mentioned for the Betsy Layne job. Don't want to mention them now as I can't verify them. Some are current coaches (boys and girls) some are former coaches. Any one have any info to add?

I believe Brent Rose is getting to stay at Betsy Layne, although I can't confirm this...Rady Martin is at South Floyd...Roger Harless was hired as the boys coach at Sheldon Clark.

Barry Hall and Joe Marson were with South Floyd last night at Hazard's team camp.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.