Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paintsville 77 Allen Central 63

Featured Replies

15th Region All 'A' Championship Game

Thank goodness BMR gets to keep his Richmond reservations this year, last year was a nightmare trying to convince the folks at the hotel that somebody other than PHS was coming. Maybe they will let them host again next year and it can be back to back!

Great job Tigers on a dominating performance now there is one thing Tigers that BMR doesn not have and that is an All A State Championship go out there and take it.

Nothing would do the Floyd Co. coaches than to band together and bow at the altar to worship Saint BMR and have it at Paintsville so they got what they deserved! They don't even have locker rooms to put all 4 teams in! Two teams had to dress in classrooms with no showers, no toilet, etc. I say keep taking it to Paintsville every year. We'll see how the profits go with all the great seating and parking they can provide!

Congrats to the Paintsville Tigers on the title.

Nothing would do the Floyd Co. coaches than to band together and bow at the altar to worship Saint BMR and have it at Paintsville so they got what they deserved! They don't even have locker rooms to put all 4 teams in! Two teams had to dress in classrooms with no showers, no toilet, etc. I say keep taking it to Paintsville every year. We'll see how the profits go with all the great seating and parking they can provide!

 

I agree. :thumb:

 

The entire week was a well scripted dream for Paintsville.

Nothing would do the Floyd Co. coaches than to band together and bow at the altar to worship Saint BMR and have it at Paintsville so they got what they deserved! They don't even have locker rooms to put all 4 teams in! Two teams had to dress in classrooms with no showers, no toilet, etc. I say keep taking it to Paintsville every year. We'll see how the profits go with all the great seating and parking they can provide!
First issue, how many high school basketball arenas, have 4 locker rooms. Could the reason have been, that the first game played each night received the locker rooms, while the 2nd game played that night, received the classroom for security/safety reasons, so no items would be taken.

 

Secondly, bathroom facilities and shower facilities, are available at the Paintsville gym. The classrooms were located adjacent to bathrooms.

 

Third, I don't believe any patrons were turned away who requested tickets and as for parking, not many complexes allow you to park and walk 50' or less, right into the building. When multiple games, with 4 different teams happen, parking will be scarce at most facilities. I've parked a mile or more, away from an entrance....even at Rupp, have to walk a distance.

 

I've personally observed 8 varsity games, being played in the Hoops Classic and teams alternated dressing, in the locker rooms and classrooms....hasn't been an issue, in those 4 years.

 

Lastly, patrons sat on both the bleachers and stage area....no one was shoulder to shoulder. Hospitality room was upstairs and complemented by everyone.

 

Hosting a tournament, is about the atmosphere, competition on the floor and making all the participants feel welcomed. I'll leave the comment about Saint BMR alone....everyone is entitled to their opinion.

First issue, how many high school basketball arenas, have 4 locker rooms. Could the reason have been, that the first game played each night received the locker rooms, while the 2nd game played that night, received the classroom for security/safety reasons, so no items would be taken.

 

Secondly, bathroom facilities and shower facilities, are available at the Paintsville gym. The classrooms were located adjacent to bathrooms.

 

Third, I don't believe any patrons were turned away who requested tickets and as for parking, not many complexes allow you to park and walk 50' or less, right into the building. When multiple games, with 4 different teams happen, parking will be scarce at most facilities. I've parked a mile or more, away from an entrance....even at Rupp, have to walk a distance.

 

I've personally observed 8 varsity games, being played in the Hoops Classic and teams alternated dressing, in the locker rooms and classrooms....hasn't been an issue, in those 4 years.

 

Lastly, patrons sat on both the bleachers and stage area....no one was shoulder to shoulder. Hospitality room was upstairs and complemented by everyone.

 

Hosting a tournament, is about the atmosphere, competition on the floor and making all the participants feel welcomed. I'll leave the comment about Saint BMR alone....everyone is entitled to their opinion.

 

If you have facilities like the East KY Expo Center to host tournament's in a more convenient fashion, I say why not use them?

 

Sure, having the tournament at Paintsville created a loud atmosphere and old school enviroment. And if you ask me, the folks at Paintsville that put forth the work at hosting the tournament did a fantastic job. Paintsville makes the most of the limited space they have.

 

However, we no longer live in times where fans have to stand along the sideline, teams go without lockerrooms, limited parking.

 

Let this tournament shine at the Expo Center or somewhere neutral like Prestonsburg Fieldhouse. I know having the tournament at Prestonsburg is a long shot and all, but if you think about it, it makes sense.

 

One thing's for sure, if this tournament is going to be rotating places in the future, then it needs to be played at South Floyd and Phelps as well, while the David School and Piarist can hold the tournament at Allen Central.

 

The powers that be will make their excuses and cry foul and will get their way though, just like this year when the tournament was suppose to be at Betsy Layne until concessions were made.

This was the only way BMR could insure that this group got to go down state to something! They have been hyped for the last 3 years and finally break through. I know that other teams have been told that they can not host the All "A" due to size of gyms, although they are bigger than P-villes and have enough room to house all the teams. But thats life in the 15th, I would not be surprised to see less teams in the tourney next year due to this years fiasco.

If you have facilities like the East KY Expo Center to host tournament's in a more convenient fashion, I say why not use them?

 

Sure, having the tournament at Paintsville created a loud atmosphere and old school environment. And if you ask me, the folks at Paintsville that put forth the work at hosting the tournament did a fantastic job. Paintsville makes the most of the limited space they have.

 

However, we no longer live in times where fans have to stand along the sideline, teams go without lockerrooms, limited parking.

 

Let this tournament shine at the Expo Center or somewhere neutral like Prestonsburg Fieldhouse. I know having the tournament at Prestonsburg is a long shot and all, but if you think about it, it makes sense.

 

One thing's for sure, if this tournament is going to be rotating places in the future, then it needs to be played at South Floyd and Phelps as well, while the David School and Piarist can hold the tournament at Allen Central.

 

The powers that be will make their excuses and cry foul and will get their way though, just like this year when the tournament was suppose to be at Betsy Layne until concessions were made.

Your idea for the Expo Center, is a excellent one but the cost of usage, for a 4-5 day event, is staggering and wouldn't benefit any of the teams. Each 15th Region participant, will receive a portion of revenue after expenses.

 

As for hosting at P'Burg or other neutral sites, you then affect their own Girls and Boys scheduling, along with having to find workers willing to run the tournament. The idea is great, but in reality nearly impossible.

 

I also believe, the location is discussed and voted upon by the participants, so I would imagine, if a school is interested in hosting, a request can be made and voted on. You mentioned concessions were made, for Paintsville to host....what type? I know on the KHSAA site selection plan, it has Sheldon Clark hosting the 15th Region but I believe, that Coach Rose and Betsy Layne, will be the host at the Expo Center...are these similar concessions, to which you are referring.

 

This was the only way BMR could insure that this group got to go down state to something! They have been hyped for the last 3 years and finally break through. I know that other teams have been told that they can not host the All "A" due to size of gyms, although they are bigger than P-villes and have enough room to house all the teams. But thats life in the 15th, I would not be surprised to see less teams in the tourney next year due to this years fiasco.
This is hilarious and insulting to the teams, that participated. I'm certain South Floyd was proud of their effort, even though they lost. Pikeville and Allen Central, played very well in the tournament but Paintsville, got the job done.

 

Perhaps attend more of the All "A" meetings and discussion your frustration, with Mr. Campbell. Allen Central coaching staff, fans and administration are wonderful people and the same for Paintsville...on that night, Paintsville was better.

Your idea for the Expo Center, is a excellent one but the cost of usage, for a 4-5 day event, is staggering and wouldn't benefit any of the teams. Each 15th Region participant, will receive a portion of revenue after expenses.

 

As for hosting at P'Burg or other neutral sites, you then affect their own Girls and Boys scheduling, along with having to find workers willing to run the tournament. The idea is great, but in reality nearly impossible.

 

I also believe, the location is discussed and voted upon by the participants, so I would imagine, if a school is interested in hosting, a request can be made and voted on. You mentioned concessions were made, for Paintsville to host....what type? I know on the KHSAA site selection plan, it has Sheldon Clark hosting the 15th Region but I believe, that Coach Rose and Betsy Layne, will be the host at the Expo Center...are these similar concessions, to which you are referring.

 

Doesn't Big Sandy RECC cover some revenue problems as a corporate sponsor of the tournament? I can't imagine East KY Power Co-op passing on the chance to host the tournament at the Expo Center if it's feasible, and I don't if it is, I'm only speculating.

 

As for concessions and Paintsville. I'll PM you.

 

I just hope that this tournament will be rotated to "every" school in the future if this is to be the format.

Doesn't Big Sandy RECC cover some revenue problems as a corporate sponsor of the tournament? I can't imagine East KY Power Co-op passing on the chance to host the tournament at the Expo Center if it's feasible, and I don't if it is, I'm only speculating.

 

As for concessions and Paintsville. I'll PM you.

 

I just hope that this tournament will be rotated to "every" school in the future if this is to be the format.

Thanks very much for the PM, my friend....:thumb:

 

Yes, a corporate sponsor would help offset the costs if held at the Expo Center but not enough, to cover workers, expenses, etc....plus each team receive a share. I believe that at the Expo and someone can correct me, teams get a portion of t-shirt sales, plus ad sales go the schools....but gate, goes to the Expo.

 

I certainly agree, a wonderful venue to host a game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.