Paintsville 56 Johnson Central 44

Johnson Central's just not all that great this year. I think Coach Starns had a good game plan and was able to go in at the half with a lead, but Paintsville started hitting their shots in the second half and Central wasn't. McCarty looked to be off his game a little also and wasn't hitting his shots.

What has happened to JC this year? Seem to be going through a really tough time right now.

What is the overall record now?

JC is (5-10) overall.

Too much McCarty and maybe some jealously on the part of the other players...Maybe that's the issue?

Lets just call it like it is. The "NEW ADDITION" to this team has torn it apart. Players have quit and I hear it has to do with the transfer. Sometimes good players don't mesh well with other teams. Sometimes players with good stats and talent can't get wins. Maybe this is one if not both of those cases. The transfer seems to have brought a losing way with him to JC. IMO

Lets just call it like it is. The "NEW ADDITION" to this team has torn it apart. Players have quit and I hear it has to do with the transfer. Sometimes good players don't mesh well with other teams. Sometimes players with good stats and talent can't get wins. Maybe this is one if not both of those cases. The transfer seems to have brought a losing way with him to JC. IMO

I dont know anything at all about that , but since the current group of senior(s) were 8th graders the current roster of those 15 players plus one Sheldon Clark freshman transfer has dwindled from a total of 16 to 1 in the last 2 years. McCarty is the only one left from an 8th grade class that was considered one of the best classes of players to ever enter into JCHS. However it should be noted that that was not McCarty's original class, as he stayed back in 8th grade once. His original class did end up with a 28-0 record in 8th grade play however.

I dont know anything at all about that , but since the current group of senior(s) were 8th graders the current roster of those 15 players plus one Sheldon Clark freshman transfer has dwindled from a total of 16 to 1 in the last 2 years. McCarty is the only one left from an 8th grade class that was considered one of the best classes of players to ever enter into JCHS. However it should be noted that that was not McCarty's original class, as he stayed back in 8th grade once. His original class did end up with a 28-0 record in 8th grade play however.

Firebird are you sure about that record?I may be mistaken but I believe that when OJ Mayo was in 7th grade he was on a team(7th grade team) at Rose Hill.They went to Johnson Central and played what I believe was the JC 8th grade team.It was on a Saturday afternoon in early November.This was before the varsity season and believe it or not Mayo was undecided at that time if he would play varsity(It was said that his father feared the physical play).Other members of the RH team included Michael Taylor,Jamaal Williams,Jonathan Van Hoose,Austin Blair,Matt Thomas,Alex Barker and Austin Robinson.Rob Vanhoose was the coach.

The game may have been part of a preview and therefore didn't count as a win or loss.I do remember that JC was very good.

McCarty is a very good playerand I have watched the transfer before and felt he was very solid.I am sorry things haven't worked out at JC but there is still a lot of time before the end of the year.Perhaps things will work themselves out.

Firebird are you sure about that record?I may be mistaken but I believe that when OJ Mayo was in 7th grade he was on a team(7th grade team) at Rose Hill.They went to Johnson Central and played what I believe was the JC 8th grade team.It was on a Saturday afternoon in early November.This was before the varsity season and believe it or not Mayo was undecided at that time if he would play varsity(It was said that his father feared the physical play).Other members of the RH team included Michael Taylor,Jamaal Williams,Jonathan Van Hoose,Austin Blair,Matt Thomas,Alex Barker and Austin Robinson.Rob Vanhoose was the coach.

The game may have been part of a preview and therefore didn't count as a win or loss.I do remember that JC was very good.

McCarty is a very good playerand I have watched the transfer before and felt he was very solid.I am sorry things haven't worked out at JC but there is still a lot of time before the end of the year.Perhaps things will work themselves out.

I remember that game, Rose Hill and the boys won by about 30, but it may have been a showcase and they could have not counted it? Oj had about 30+ mostly in the first half

I remember that game, Rose Hill and the boys won by about 30, but it may have been a showcase and they could have not counted it? Oj had about 30+ mostly in the first half

No you guys are not mistaken , as I remember the game very well that you are talking about. I think that it was part of the Clarence D. Rice Tip-Off Classic. It, at that time, was a series of all day games showcasing all of the county teams beginning with the elementary teams , progressing to the middle school teams, and then ultimately a series of scrimmage games at the high school level. You are right, Rose Hill did win that particular game pretty handily as well as the 7th grade game. Apparently the JCMS people viewed them as scrimmage games , because they were not recorded as a loss to the regular season record. Whether it should have been or not, IDK, but it wasn't recorded as being a regular season game, I assume, because of all the other scrimmage games that took place that day. But to give the Rose Hill folks the deserving credit, JCMS was not anywhere in the same league as those Rose Hill teams, but heck nobody else in the state was either for that matter. I do remember those series of middle school games with Rose Hill very fondly over that two or three year period. JCMS on a few occasions was very competitive with those great Rose Hill teams. I know that JCMS was never able to win any of the games, but I remember a couple games where Rose Hill had to go to overtime to beat JCMS. Matter of fact I still have a few of those games on film. They were definately highlights of my sons childhoods.

I also need to correct a statement I made in my initial post. I mentioned that there had been a loss of several players over the last two years. That should have been stated as saying over the last 4 years.

What has happened to JC this year? Seem to be going through a really tough time right now.

What is the overall record now?

Just the little that I watch from last year I think there missing the senior that played center last year ..... Didn't put lot up points up but hard noise kid that was a leader and really helps a team ...... ???

Just the little that I watch from last year I think there missing the senior that played center last year ..... Didn't put lot up points up but hard noise kid that was a leader and really helps a team ...... ???

He was Kyle Rice and he was indeed their leading scorer last season, sfan.