Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Betsy Layne

Featured Replies

What does Betsy Layne need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 35
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B.L. must have support from the top. The administration at B.L. has neglected the football program for many years, they have got to hire some quality help, no one man can do the job on his own.

B.L should have a pretty productive year in 2007. I feel that there will be more assistants walking the sidelines with football knowledge. The administration is showing GREAT support and I feel that we make the playoffs this year. We have approximately 15 in the weightroom daily with about 7 playing basketball.

How many assistants will be with you this year? Can I ask who?

I sure hope so coach, you know my background and thoughts on that situation. B.L. had always managed to find a way to mess things up, even when they have quality people trying to build a program. Please believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. I wish you the very best, you know that!

I should have two paid positions and 4 or 5 volunteer. Dwight and Red will be back and the others, I can't really comment on right now due to their current positions.

Scott Bailey will also be an assistant again this year. We have scheduled 6 JV games. We only played one last year and that was the first in a while at Betsy Layne.

What do you think the bobcats record will be?

 

Not sure on the schedule but take a look and give an opinion.

 

 

Prestonsburg

Jackson county

Pikeville

Beth Haven

Jenkins

Phelps

Allen Central

South Floyd

Paintsville

Powell County

 

not in any particular order.

 

If there is any info that may be beneficial about any team let me know.

 

thanks

 

you can also PM me also

Who do you have returning from last year? I can a shot at 5 possibly 6 wins with that schedule. At least you have several teams that you can be competitive with.

who will be the coach if branham leaves?

Coach Branham is a bobcat, the last time I checked he had a booster club meeting last week.

 

Quarterback Brennan Case is coming back

Running back Brandon Blair is coming back

 

Other returning starts such as

Cody McKay HB/LB

Bo Hamilton OL/DL

Travis Slone OL/DL

Korey Jarrell OL/DL

Zach Hall OL/DL

 

And many more, I think we will lost five seniors, but a heck of a grade school team is coming in. Really looking forward to the bobcats season.

 

Possible wins

Jackson County

Phelps

Jenkins

Allen Central

Powell County

South Floyd

Beth Haven

 

Just depends on staying healthy and how bad does the bobcats want to make playoffs.

 

Bobcat note* Betsy Layne has never made the playoffs, EVER

^^I agree all those are possible wins. BL could very well make the playoffs this year. Two teams out of the BL, AC, SF, and Phelps group will be in the playoffs...all the games those teams play against each other will be huge.

Since Branham has steped down who do you all think should be taking the helm? I think that Parsons would be a good fit for the program due to his ties to the program.

Branham is no longer the question, Parson is the ANSWER though!!!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.