Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

I'll amend that to saying that I will never support a school that voted for the ban...
I think it's going to be really "interesting" when/if we get a list of supporters.
  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LLoyd and Ryle. LLoyd's Superintedent is a BC graduate. If that means anything.

2 schools who normally would not make it to State Championship.

Probably still won't...IMO

We should remember that not ALL public schools were for this and most parents and students certainly weren't.

Then those parents should make their voices be heard at the upcoming school board meetings.

We should remember that not ALL public schools were for this and most parents and students certainly weren't.

 

See my thread proposing a boycott. I will gladly patronize any school that voted against this but I will not patronize any school that voted for it. Quite frankly the feeling of the parents and students at the schools that voted for Prop 20 mean nothing to me as it seems the feelings of kids and parents of private school kids meant nothing to them.

 

 

vive' Le boycott

:fight: I will never pay admission to another game involving a public school. I will never buy a hot dog at a public school, a soda, or a candy bar from the kid that comes to my door.

 

I'll stand by this even if this preposterous proposal DOESN'T make it past the BOC and beyond! :fight: :fight:

 

Don't ask me to buy that wrapping paper for your kids fundraiser. Don't EVEN ask to wash my dirty car so your cheerleaders can go to competition. It's not happening! :fight: :fight:

 

 

Grade school kids are not to blame, Acetosella. Middle school kids either. Heck, even the students at the offending schools aren't the instigators. Don't hurt the kids.

Quite frankly the feeling of the parents and students at the schools that voted for Prop 20 mean nothing to me as it seems the feelings of kids and parents of private school kids meant nothing to them.
The sad thing is, the kids and parents had no say in it.
Heck, even the students at the offending schools aren't the instigators. Don't hurt the kids.

RM I'm sorry but I can't be as understanding as you. They have shown their intention to hurt our kids with this whether it passes the BOC or BOE or not. It's time to fight back.

 

The sas thing is, the kids and parents had no say in it.

You are correct, they didn't.

 

Maybe if the finances of the offending schools are hurt badly enough those parents will put real pressure on their school and school boards to change their positions.

The sad thing is, the kids and parents had no say in it.

Actually they do, ask school board members what their views are on the issue, if they side with the vote or won't give an answer then vote them out. Then they can put someone in who would be against the Prop.

2 schools who normally would not make it to State Championship.

Probably still won't...IMO

Lloyd wouldn't play a private school in the 2A playoffs until the finals at best. This is a petty issue with St Henry and CCH from all I can tell...

It is just another way the KHSAA has taken away...the "hard work pays off" mentality and shifted it towards Societys increasingly popular mentality of "awwwww, you are not the best, but even though you aren't, here...you go, we'll make you a State Champion."

 

I was reared to believe there are no such things as "free lunches", but the KHSAA is handing them out like wildfire!

I vote to not play any public school in any sport. I'm sure that some kind of ssnctioning body can be arranged so that teams from Kentucky can play teams from other states. The KHSAA can just dry up. I'm sure they will enjoy their record crowds of a few thousand to watch Male trounce whoever in the 4A final. They might as well schedule the games at Maxwell Field, it will be plenty big enough and at least one team won't have to travel.

DONE

 

Any NON-PANSY that would like to join a REAL association would be allowed as well.

 

 

That is really classy...just another reason why the Public schools without the silver spoons, are looking seperate.

 

A message has been sent, from both sides.

 

Although with the BOE making the final decision and the thinking is that is won't pass, with all that has been said and the true feelings of elitism exhibited by the privates, I think that it is obvious that the two entities can no longer co-exisist.

 

SEE YA

That stinks...what did your school vote?

 

 

My school voted "YES"

I would love to see both X and Trinity make it to the finals this year, and then both of them forfeit the game a few days before, hope the KHSAA has enough for the rent at Papa John.

I think that we should also play against the teams that voted against this proposal, as that would help them get better than the pansies.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.