Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

We just got the word, the Public schools did have enough votes and have voted to remove Private schools from the KHSAA.

I will find out the voting totals in a couple of minutes.

Prop 12 has not voted on as of 3:30

Voted to remove from the KHSAA? Or voted to have separate post season playoffs and championship games?

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The champagne corks are popping over at Male high school as we speak. Red must be the happiest man on earth. Titles as far as the eye can see. They won't mean anything but they will be won nontheless. I really hope that X romps male Friday.

Voted to remove from the KHSAA? Or voted to have separate post season playoffs and championship games?

Option B... Tigershark got carried away.

Once again, passing today is not the surprise, the moment JCPS got behind this meant it was going to pass today. The real fights are at the boards and beyond.

When will this change take place if it is ratified by the Board?

Even if it passes the two boards, and the legislature does nothing (and I don't think either of those will happen) it would be tied up in court for years, and injunctions would certainly mean playoffs will not seperate in the forseeable future.

You are correct, voted to have separate championships.

The word on the street is that the Catholic schools of Kentucky will not participate in any KHSAA Championship if the separation goes through, nor will they compete against any public school. Why bring the large crowds and pay for the public schools athletic budget.

Option B... Tigershark got carried away.

Once again, passing today is not the surprise, the moment JCPS got behind this meant it was going to pass today. The real fights are at the boards and beyond.

Hmmm...weren't you just in the other thread agreeing with ram95 that this wouldn't pass and we were essentially playing Chicken Little? :fight:

When will this change take place if it is ratified by the Board?

Though the delegates supported this, it still has to go through the Board of Control.

Do we know what other proposals passed. If most of them did, the Board may wish to implement them and leave this be for now. It remains to be seen. I think that the Board meets tomorrow.

The schools in favor of Prop 20 think that it's passage by the board of control is a mere formality since the member schools make the rules and the KHSAA just enforces them. Will it go this way?

I realize that this is the wrong forum, but the KHSAA(if the board does indeed pass it) will now have to realign the basketball districts and regions again.

Hmmm...weren't you just in the other thread agreeing with ram95 that this wouldn't pass and we were essentially playing Chicken Little? :fight:

No, my position has always been that it would pass today, but never see the light of day.