Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

The private schools should form their own association and the schools that want to play for a meaningful state championship should join them! The KHSAA trophy should now be made of balsa wood and plastic.

 

 

We already have name for the association RPHSAA :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

 

 

BTW, RP...remember I get a position in this new association and I would like the basketball trophy to be named after me....being that Trinity will now get to have one :D

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The private schools should form their own association and the schools that want to play for a meaningful state championship should join them! The KHSAA trophy should now be made of balsa wood and plastic.

 

I started a thread very similar to this, asking whether or not the "elite" public schools would secede with the evil privates.

 

Here is the thread:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=76473

The Catholic Schools will continue to pay the KHSAA dues to remain a member school so they can compete against schools from other states but will not compete against any Kentucky Public schools.

 

I wish that the catholic schools would just completely secede & I encourage all of the other public schools to do the same.

 

Prop 20 supporters better be careful what they wish for.

I started a thread very similar to this, asking whether or not the "elite" public schools would secede with the evil privates.

I hope more than anything that they do! :irked:

I can hear the engines starting now, for all the coaches to get on the road and "promote". :D

Time for the coaches, to start "promoting"....look out.

Sad day in Mudville. But as RP said, it's got a long way to go before it's final. I had heard that they were trying to compromise so they wouldn't have to vote. I guess not. I don't like it. I wonder how many AD's would cross the line to play in a league with the privates and how many would be let go for doing so. There are a lot of short sighted people in this world.

The privates need to fight fire with fire. As a few others have stated they should leave the KHSAA and form their own association. Any public school who wants to join them could, and let those who voted in favor of this play for pee wee league titles.

 

 

I read where several BOC said they would not vote for this as they see it as the death of the KHSAA.

195 - 78 means that the 78 was the private schools and NKY public schools and not too many others.

This means nothing. It will never come to light.

We already have name for the association RPHSAA :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

 

 

BTW, RP...remember I get a position in this new association and I would like the basketball trophy to be named after me....being that Trinity will now get to have one :D

 

 

DONE

 

Any NON-PANSY that would like to join a REAL association would be allowed as well.

I wish that the catholic schools would just completely secede & I encourage all of the other public schools to do the same.

 

Prop 20 supporters better be careful what they wish for.

 

 

Schools can’t just secede because they need to be sanctioned by the NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations). You must be a member in good standing of your state athletic association to compete against other members of the NFHS. In state like Pennsylvania that has both a Public and Private league, the Private schools can’t legally compete against schools from out of the state, because the NFHS will not recognize their Private School Association.

I hope more than anything that they do! :irked:

 

 

Me too....No HHS -vs- CCHS, should be a sin..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.