Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

The private schools should form their own association and the schools that want to play for a meaningful state championship should join them! The KHSAA trophy should now be made of balsa wood and plastic.

We already have name for the association RPHSAA :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

BTW, RP...remember I get a position in this new association and I would like the basketball trophy to be named after me....being that Trinity will now get to have one :D

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The private schools should form their own association and the schools that want to play for a meaningful state championship should join them! The KHSAA trophy should now be made of balsa wood and plastic.

I started a thread very similar to this, asking whether or not the "elite" public schools would secede with the evil privates.

Here is the thread:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=76473

The Catholic Schools will continue to pay the KHSAA dues to remain a member school so they can compete against schools from other states but will not compete against any Kentucky Public schools.

I wish that the catholic schools would just completely secede & I encourage all of the other public schools to do the same.

Prop 20 supporters better be careful what they wish for.

Sad day in Mudville. But as RP said, it's got a long way to go before it's final. I had heard that they were trying to compromise so they wouldn't have to vote. I guess not. I don't like it. I wonder how many AD's would cross the line to play in a league with the privates and how many would be let go for doing so. There are a lot of short sighted people in this world.

The privates need to fight fire with fire. As a few others have stated they should leave the KHSAA and form their own association. Any public school who wants to join them could, and let those who voted in favor of this play for pee wee league titles.

I read where several BOC said they would not vote for this as they see it as the death of the KHSAA.

We already have name for the association RPHSAA :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

BTW, RP...remember I get a position in this new association and I would like the basketball trophy to be named after me....being that Trinity will now get to have one :D

DONE

Any NON-PANSY that would like to join a REAL association would be allowed as well.

I wish that the catholic schools would just completely secede & I encourage all of the other public schools to do the same.

Prop 20 supporters better be careful what they wish for.

Schools can’t just secede because they need to be sanctioned by the NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations). You must be a member in good standing of your state athletic association to compete against other members of the NFHS. In state like Pennsylvania that has both a Public and Private league, the Private schools can’t legally compete against schools from out of the state, because the NFHS will not recognize their Private School Association.