Everything posted by woodsrider
-
Abducted in Plain Sight
Pretty much sums it up for me. We watched it yesterday and still not sure I believe what I watched.
-
Faking a Hate Crime? What Should Happen to Jussie Smollett?
I think he's already being written off the show which is the alleged motivation for him staging the attack.
-
Back To The Future - A Better Way
But the playoffs have nothing to do with that. And ultimately bowls don't mean anything unless it is for a NT.
-
Back To The Future - A Better Way
This. The playoffs have not affected the other bowl games one bit. They mean just as much (or little) today as they did 30 20 years ago.
-
6A Playoffs: #5 Trinity vs. Henderson County
Skip is a nice athlete but really struggles with accuracy throwing. I think if Henderson can slow the game down and grind out some drives they will have a chance, although a small one.
-
State Tournament
And most of the football playoff games aren’t competitive. This is high school sports, not a weekend AAU tournament or what ever volleyball calls it.
-
State Tournament
Why do you think volleyball is different or special? You were complaining that the #82 team was even in it, then they sweep what should have been a better team by ranking. Again maybe the rankings are the problem.
-
State Tournament
Maybe the problem is with the rankings. #82 Henderson sweeps #28 Letcher Co.
-
State Tournament
Serioulsy how I said this any different than basketball, baseball, soccer, ect...
-
iPhone XS/XS Max/ XR
As long as people are shelling out $1000-$1500 for the newest Iphone don't ever expect the price to go down. It'd be like someone complaining you charge for this website. As long as the product brings in a paying customer why would you stop charging? Apple didn't become the first $1T company by dropping prices. That said I hate what the cost of cell phones/plans has done as a whole but not really any other choice.
-
iPhone XS/XS Max/ XR
I'd like a new one but the price tag keeps me from it. I have a 6 and it works fine so I'd rather spend $1000 on something else.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings (9/10) Discussion
Seems everyone keeps debating Trinity's ranking but to me it's St X and Fredrick Douglas that needs to be discussed. For X...I don't care how good DeSales is supposed to be there is no reason X should ever lose to a 2A school. FD has taken care of business but against who? Where is the quality win to deserve a top 5 ranking?
-
Henderson County 23 Gibson Southern (IN) 0
Their coach is Nick Hart. His dad is John Hart who won a state title at Eveansville Reitz, then took the Indy Warren Central job. He's now at Brownsburg after a stint in IL. Gibson So has been really good under Nick for the last few years. I believe they mad enough it to semi state a couple of years ago.
-
BluegrassPreps Class 6A Football Rankings (9/3) Discussion
Who have they lost to in state to prove they aren't?
-
Harmon ineligible?
KHSAA needs to stop wasting time and money on these. If a kid is enrolled in a school and academically eligible to play sport, they get to play.
-
Android or IPhone?
I back mine up to my computer so I use it for that. Other than that the only time I've used in it in the last 10 years was to upload a Tool album. Their music isn't on itunes so I have had to buy the CD.
-
Android or IPhone?
Some of the newer Android phones look really nice. That said I can't imagine ever buying one. I hate the android platform and I think the Samsung, LG, ect products are just not as well made.
-
Gas prices in your city...How much???
Jump up from 2.50 to 2.79 overnight in Henderson.
-
Gas prices in your city...How much???
Paid $2.67 this morning in Henderson. Been bouncing between $2.55 and $2.79 for the last few weeks.
-
Wayyyy Too Early Top 5 Class 6A
Is there a new high school opening in Scott Co?
-
The Inherent Risk of Sport Specialization
This has been somewhat touched on already but will add to the thought.... Playing one sport in it of itself isn't bad. When it becomes a problem is most parents and coaches don't know how to properly manage playing only one sport. Meaning, they don't know to properly train or to manage rest. Any athlete should start with a basic strength and conditioning program. That really shouldn't change regardless of the sport you play. Squat, deadlift, clean, press, ect... are the same if you are a linebacker or if you are a point guard. Speed and agility work again is what it is. Conditioning is conditioning. It's too much of sport specific work that can cause issues.
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
I’m so freaking mad at myself for not going last night. I forgot about it until I was coming home after the gym around 6:00. I live across the road from the high school. By the time I got cleaned up and ate dinner I figured I wouldn’t get a seat. Sounds like I missed a good one
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
Ware finished with 40 Tandy had 33
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
Tandy has 21
-
UHA/Christian County game updates (2nd district championship)
has 31 according to Kevin Patton