Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Android or IPhone?

Featured Replies

Time for a new phone for this guy.

 

I've been an Android phone user since they came out.

 

My complaints are -

 

Can not configure for a proxy for use at school.

 

Can share music cross platform with my wife's IPhone or my son's IPad.

 

 

Is there a fix for both those problems?

 

 

If there is why should I still go IPhone?

  • Replies 45
  • Views 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to sound like a 'ride the fence' type answer, but it's really just all about preference.

 

I've had both, and currently have the Galaxy S4 (changed back in September from the iPhone 4S). Iphone's are really just easier to navigate.

 

Droids have the free music, and you can "customize" more.

 

Both are great phones, but it's really just about what you like the most and are more comfortable with.

I wouldn't get an iPhone right now. They will release a new one later this year.

 

I had iPhones for several years and recently switched to a galaxy s5. Love the phone.

I recently changed to an iPhone 5C after a horrible experience with a Samsung Stratosphere (my first smart phone). The battery life was horrid (if I knew I would be away from my charger for more then an hour or so I carried extra batteries and that was AFTER paying for an extended life battery), apps didn't work well and crashed the system, the sound quality of the phone was awful and there was a marked delay (sometimes up to 30 seconds) between clicking send and the dialer starting. I hated that phone.

 

Love my iPhone and can't see myself ever going back to an Android based phone.

I have an Iphone for work and an Android for personal. While they are both great phones, there is just something that makes the Iphone slicker and easier to use. I'm not big on ultra customization that android allows. I'm more about it working easy right out of the box. The touch screen, interface, Itunes, etc, wins for me on the Iphone. The one thing that My Galaxy S3 does better is the swype keyboard, that there really isn't a comparable app for Iphone.

I recently changed to an iPhone 5C after a horrible experience with a Samsung Stratosphere (my first smart phone). The battery life was horrid (if I knew I would be away from my charger for more then an hour or so I carried extra batteries and that was AFTER paying for an extended life battery), apps didn't work well and crashed the system, the sound quality of the phone was awful and there was a marked delay (sometimes up to 30 seconds) between clicking send and the dialer starting. I hated that phone.

 

Love my iPhone and can't see myself ever going back to an Android based phone.

 

Your phone sounds more hardware related than Android related which can be part of the issue if you go Droid, some of the phones that use Droid are not the best. I gave up on Motarola recently and wen to LG, my Droid experience has improved immensely.

 

To answer the original question, if you are the type that is a techie and likes to customized your technology type stuff to your liking and be able to "rig" it to make it work better, Android is for you. If you don't want to mess with that and just want a simple phone, Iphone will probably be better.

I have an Iphone for work and an Android for personal. While they are both great phones, there is just something that makes the Iphone slicker and easier to use. I'm not big on ultra customization that android allows. I'm more about it working easy right out of the box. The touch screen, interface, Itunes, etc, wins for me on the Iphone. The one thing that My Galaxy S3 does better is the swype keyboard, that there really isn't a comparable app for Iphone.

 

My S5 has a bigger screen, better screen, better camera etc than any iPhone available.

My S5 has a bigger screen, better screen, better camera etc than any iPhone available.

 

And I thought all of those things would be important when I gave up my Blackberry (uck) and got the Galaxy S3. Bigger everything. But for what I use it for it, and how I use the phones, I prefer the smaller screened Iphone. It's just more intuitive and easier to use. Again, doesn't mean Android is bad. It's just that actually owning both now for almost 2 years, I simply prefer the Iphone.

#teamiPhone

 

I agree with the poster who said that if you are going to go with an iPhone just wait for the iPhone 6 to come out in September/October.

#teamAndroid

 

I'm kind of anti-Apple. And I legitimately do love my Android platform. Now, devices I have some I don't prefer. But the platform bars none, in my opinion.

And I thought all of those things would be important when I gave up my Blackberry (uck) and got the Galaxy S3. Bigger everything. But for what I use it for it, and how I use the phones, I prefer the smaller screened Iphone. It's just more intuitive and easier to use. Again, doesn't mean Android is bad. It's just that actually owning both now for almost 2 years, I simply prefer the Iphone.

It's not just the bigger screen. The screen is better and the camera is much better as well.

It's not just the bigger screen. The screen is better and the camera is much better as well.

 

Different horses for different courses. I rarely use the camera, and when I do it's not for critical work, just web display, so image quality isn't a huge deal. I also rarely watch video...I have an ipad for that. If those two features are important to you, than Android may be the better choice. Also, I only have the Galaxy S3, (my work phone is the iPhone 5s), so I'm comparing different generations, and I'm sure a lot has changed from the S3to S5. Again, I don't hate the android phone. The iPhone just works better for me. Every user is different.

One thing about my Samsung S4 that I can't stand? The video quality is horrid. I go through Verizon. Filming on the regular settings (which you can't send via MMS), the quality is good (nothing great), but when you click it over to MMS, it's flat out terrible.

 

...has been since day 1.

 

I'm not a big customizer either. The simplicity and effectiveness wins for me, and come September or so w/ the new Iphone, I'll probably be going back. (here I am typing on my MacBook as is. Which, I've never owned a PC or laptop to come close to this thing, either).

To keep it short and simple it's all preference. Everyone is different. Both have qualities to them that make them a preference to the other. iPhones are very simple to use and are very very simple. Androids overall hardware is better, generally better camera, battery life, and screen size. Android operating system is different to use if you are coming from iPhone.

 

Again it's all personal opinion so my opinion is that Android is just 10x better. My phone is my phone. The customization I have on my phone is unlike any other phone in the world. I can pick up my girlfriends iPhone and some random guys iPhone from Texas and not notice a difference. Apps are just as nice. Tons and tons of free apps, free music, free movies. Just gotta know how to operate it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.