Android or IPhone?

CBDV

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding was Blackberry didnt have a US patent, but had a European version of a patent.

Point being they all do the same things for the most part. Im an anti Apple person, never had any apple product. My wife is nothing but Apple. Everybody wins in our house.

The way I remember it (as an early Blackberry user), is that Blackberry's biggest feature was the simple email integration into the phone, with a usable keyboard. They were far from being smartphone. Androids and Iphones were the first to really integrate web use and large(er) screens into phones. I switched from Blackberry to an HTC Sense android phone because of the larger touch screen and apps. By the time Blackberry came out with a true touchscreen smartphone, it was way to late.

I don't join cults, so no. :lol2:

This is always a funny take in regards to the iPhone. People must be in a cult to enjoy reliable products that are as good if not better than every other product on the market.

This is always a funny take in regards to the iPhone. People must be in a cult to enjoy reliable products that are as good if not better than every other product on the market.

It was just a joke, @TheDeuce. It wasn't intended to be taken seriously, hence the smiley. My son has had an iPhone for years, I tease him about it, he teases me about mine. Neither of us takes it to heart.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had both. Started with Apple, switched to Android 3 years ago and would never go back. I hate iTunes. I hate the restrictions that Apple builds into their stuff.

IMO from a hardware standpoint, Apple makes a superior product.

From a daily operational standpoint, Apple is probably the easier to use phone.

The biggest advantage is that Android gives you so much more tech freedom. If you want the freedom to use your iPhone for the tech stuff like I do you have to jailbreak it. Even then you don't have the flexibility of an Android phone.

Android is much more like having a PC in your pocket. I can connect to any computer at anytime to transfer data to and from my phone. I don't have to have iTunes controlling my every move.

MrsC is all about iPhone. She got the BOGO on a couple of Apple 8 phones a month or so ago. She talked me into trying one. I gave it a week, and hated it. Went back to my Android.

I've had both. Started with Apple, switched to Android 3 years ago and would never go back. I hate iTunes. I hate the restrictions that Apple builds into their stuff.

IMO from a hardware standpoint, Apple makes a superior product.

From a daily operational standpoint, Apple is probably the easier to use phone.

The biggest advantage is that Android gives you so much more tech freedom. If you want the freedom to use your iPhone for the tech stuff like I do you have to jailbreak it. Even then you don't have the flexibility of an Android phone.

Android is much more like having a PC in your pocket. I can connect to any computer at anytime to transfer data to and from my phone. I don't have to have iTunes controlling my every move.

MrsC is all about iPhone. She got the BOGO on a couple of Apple 8 phones a month or so ago. She talked me into trying one. I gave it a week, and hated it. Went back to my Android.

What do you mean by "tech stuff" with the Droid?

Loading package files, loading Deb files, streaming nearly any format, freedom to use my phone like a flash drive to transfer data and programs from one source to another, ability to change memory chips to use for different jobs, ability to run programs that Apple doesn't allow.

I treat my phone as much or more like a PC then I do a phone.

Bottom line, neither is necessarily better than the other, they both excel in certain areas. The question of which one is better is subjective and depends entirely on the user’s needs and preferences. The "my phone's better than your phone"mantra is all in your mind. It simply comes down to what you prefer or need it to do as @swamprat and @coldweatherfan so aptly demonstrated.

I switched to Android (Samsung) years ago for two reasons:

1 - I despised Itunes. Don't know why but I really hated that program.

2 - I felt that I couldn't keep up with Apple any longer. Everytime I got close to pulling the trigger on a new IPhone I was hesitant because apple's next release would have such drastic changes. Basically I was tired of feeling like I needed a new phone every year.

My wife's IPhone is newer than mine. It basically looks like a brick compared to the newer models and it really isn't that old...

I currently own a galaxy note 3 and at 5 years old, you can't tell much of a difference between mine and the newer models.

Also, my phone has a battery that can be replaced without an engineering degree so that's nice.

I’ve had an iPhone for years and I can’t think of one time I’ve had to use iTunes on my computer to do anything with the phone... When I recently upgraded to the 8+, all I had to do was lay my 7+ next to the new phone when prompted, and everything was moved to the new phone in a matter of seconds.

I’ve had an iPhone for years and I can’t think of one time I’ve had to use iTunes on my computer to do anything with the phone... When I recently upgraded to the 8+, all I had to do was lay my 7+ next to the new phone when prompted, and everything was moved to the new phone in a matter of seconds.

Yep. I can’t even remember the last time I used iTunes. I can’t even tell you if I like or hate iTunes. I simply don’t use it for anything.

I back mine up to my computer so I use it for that. Other than that the only time I've used in it in the last 10 years was to upload a Tool album. Their music isn't on itunes so I have had to buy the CD.

I back mine up to my computer so I use it for that. Other than that the only time I've used in it in the last 10 years was to upload a Tool album. Their music isn't on itunes so I have had to buy the CD.

Mine just backs up to the cloud. I think I have iTunes on my computer, but I've never used it.