State Tournament

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also.... are we sure we’re deciding the state championship the right way when the #3 team is at home and the #103 team is in the tournament?

just curious who the #103 team is? I think that Volleyball Tournament could/should be held either at Rupp or at the Yum Center but not at a high school. No Assumption has way too much firepower and even Mercy can't compete.

Henderson County, now ranked 82. They moved up from 103 according to MaxPreps. I’m sure their information is incomplete, giving them a lower ranking than what they’d otherwise have with complete info, but my point stands. Sacred Heart is unquestionably the 3rd best team in the state, and isn’t in this tournament.

just curious who the #103 team is? I think that Volleyball Tournament could/should be held either at Rupp or at the Yum Center but not at a high school. No Assumption has way too much firepower and even Mercy can't compete.

No way it should be at Rupp or Yum.

No way it should be at Rupp or Yum.

Boys Basketball=Rupp Arena (UK)

Girls Basketball=BB&T Arena (NKU)

Football=Kroger Field (UK)

Baseball=Whitaker Bank Park=Minor League Baseball

Soccer (both), volleyball and softball are all played at high schools around the Commonwealth. All I am saying is that as good as these athletes are to make it to the State Tournament, regardless of the sport, should have the opportunity to play once at the collegiate stage...no more and no less.

Boys Basketball=Rupp Arena (UK)

Girls Basketball=BB&T Arena (NKU)

Football=Kroger Field (UK)

Baseball=Whitaker Bank Park=Minor League Baseball

Soccer (both), volleyball and softball are all played at high schools around the Commonwealth. All I am saying is that as good as these athletes are to make it to the State Tournament, regardless of the sport, should have the opportunity to play once at the collegiate stage...no more and no less.

Not saying it shouldn't be at a college but Rupp for Volleyball would not be good. UK doesn't even play volleyball at Rupp.

Anyone interested in following live, twitter feed for @khsaaevents has frequent updates on whichever match is being played. The link on their posts will connect you to real time scores and stats, which updates often and has a nice play by play box at the bottom. Highly recommended if you’re looking for live updates.

Henderson County, now ranked 82. They moved up from 103 according to MaxPreps. I’m sure their information is incomplete, giving them a lower ranking than what they’d otherwise have with complete info, but my point stands. Sacred Heart is unquestionably the 3rd best team in the state, and isn’t in this tournament.

This happens in other sports all the time. Only regional winners proceed to the state tournament in basketball, baseball, football, soccer, etc. This is nothing unique to volleyball.

Agreed, it does happen in some of those other sports. However, Volleyball has long ago found a better way to crown champions. They do it just about every other weekend from January into July. USAV, JVA, and AAU all crown their National Champions using the standard volleyball format. No reason KHSAA can’t follow the lead of the people that know volleyball best.