State Tournament

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t keep up with volleyball very much but just reading this thread tells me how good this undefeated Assumption team is.

Are most of their players D-1 potential?

I understand that most of the metro areas have a lot of club teams that play year round and that’s something not seen in most of the state, especially eastern Kentucky where I live. Club teams are a big plus to high school programs.

There’s clearly a better way to do this. It shouldn’t matter what baseball, soccer, and basketball do when it comes to volleyball. Just like soccer shouldn’t matter for baseball, baseball for basketball, and so on. And yes, Sacred Heart was in the tournament and got knocked out. But if the tournament was seeded the way it could be, and should be, we wouldn’t be seeing a state tournament full of sweeps right now. It’s okay to admit there’s a better way. You’re not going to hurt KHSAA’s feelings. I’m sure they’d like to do things the best way possible for each sport. Somebody just needs to tell them how.

There’s clearly a better way to do this. It shouldn’t matter what baseball, soccer, and basketball do when it comes to volleyball. Just like soccer shouldn’t matter for baseball, baseball for basketball, and so on. And yes, Sacred Heart was in the tournament and got knocked out. But if the tournament was seeded the way it could be, and should be, we wouldn’t be seeing a state tournament full of sweeps right now. It’s okay to admit there’s a better way. You’re not going to hurt KHSAA’s feelings. I’m sure they’d like to do things the best way possible for each sport. Somebody just needs to tell them how.

Why do you think volleyball is different or special? You were complaining that the #82 team was even in it, then they sweep what should have been a better team by ranking. Again maybe the rankings are the problem.

You’re right, those rankings aren’t correct. I mentioned earlier that if they don’t put their info in MaxPreps, it won’t be accurate. However, what’s not debatable is that Sacred Heart is the 3rd best team in the state and they aren’t in the field of 16 teams deciding the state championship. At the time of this post, 12 matches have been completed in the tournament. 11 of those 12 matches have been sweeps. Only one of those 11 matches can be argued to have been the least bit competitive. Do you think that’s how a state tournament should be? I hope not. We do football differently than the other sports because it’s better for football. That should be the case with every sport.

You’re right, those rankings aren’t correct. I mentioned earlier that if they don’t put their info in MaxPreps, it won’t be accurate. However, what’s not debatable is that Sacred Heart is the 3rd best team in the state and they aren’t in the field of 16 teams deciding the state championship. At the time of this post, 12 matches have been completed in the tournament. 11 of those 12 matches have been sweeps. Only one of those 11 matches can be argued to have been the least bit competitive. Do you think that’s how a state tournament should be? I hope not. We do football differently than the other sports because it’s better for football. That should be the case with every sport.

And most of the football playoff games aren’t competitive. This is high school sports, not a weekend AAU tournament or what ever volleyball calls it.

And most of the football playoff games aren’t competitive. This is high school sports, not a weekend AAU tournament or what ever volleyball calls it.

“Weekend AAU Tournament”.... LoL. That tells me all I need to know. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Good teams getting left out happens all the time up here in the ninth region. Should Notre Dame be left out of the state vball and soccer tournament? I would hazard to guess they are top 16 in both. That’s why there are regional tournaments.