Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

195 - 78 means that the 78 was the private schools and NKY public schools and not too many others.

I'd be interested in seeing how the NKY schools voted, was well as others.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Me too....No HHS -vs- CCHS, should be a sin..

And here I was hoping that Dixie vs. Trinity would be a regular yearly game too. :cry:

Although I am opposed to Prop 20, I have all the confidence X, T and others will make the best of it. I have already heard rumors of a regional league (Louis, Lex, Cin, & Ind) with a regional championship. Once out from under the restrictions and guidelines of the KHSAA these schools may do even better with getting star athletes out of the public school system and into their schools. As I see college recruitors coming to watch these regional games much more than the other games and of course your big atheletes want to go where there is the most exposure. Besides a little more in travel expenses I don't really see a big hurt on X and T, but I do see a bigger one for the public schools. As the old adage goes "Be careful what you wish for!"

I'd be interested in seeing how the NKY schools voted, was well as others.

 

I would imagine the NKY public schools with exception of Lloyd and Ryle still voted against it. The NKY schools like the private/public set-up and the money, competition, and interest it brings.

Assuming the state Board of Education approves.

Hopefully the BOE will shoot it down!!!

Sad day for KY. Sports IMO...

Me too....No HHS -vs- CCHS, should be a sin..

 

There will now be 2 divisions...

 

The Private School Division

 

and

 

The Whiner Division

The schools in favor of Prop 20 think that it's passage by the board of control is a mere formality since the member schools make the rules and the KHSAA just enforces them.
This is not the way it works. There have been many propositions pass the delegation and never get past the board of control. I don't know why they even have a delegate meeting.
There will now be 2 divisions...

 

The Private School Division

 

and

 

The Whiner Division

 

Don't lump all Public schools in this. I think it sucks.

I am from a public school! Looks like alot of publics voted for it

though...too bad!

The vote was 195 - 78....Obviously there were 48 ( I think) privates....I would like to know the 30 teams that have actual desire to be the best.

And here I was hoping that Dixie vs. Trinity would be a regular yearly game too. :cry:

 

That stinks...what did your school vote?

The vote was 195 - 78....Obviously there were 48 ( I think) privates....I would like to know the 30 teams that have actual desire to be the best.

Me too.

Don't lump all Public schools in this. I think it sucks.

I am from a public school! Looks like alot of publics voted for it

though...too bad!

 

Agreed, ZX3. The vote was 195-78. Now we need to see the list of who voted for it and against it so we know where to buy tickets, concessions, etc. and when to sneak in and hide a coke under our jackets. :madman:

That stinks...what did your school vote?

No, at least that is what I was told. There was very little support for Prop20 in NKY. Only 2 schools were for it.

In state like Pennsylvania that has both a Public and Private league, the Private schools can’t legally compete against schools from out of the state, because the NFHS will not recognize their Private School Association.

 

Then how do Penn private play out of state teams? Because Penn private schools do play out of state teams.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.