Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proposal 20 Passed

Featured Replies

I read where several BOC said they would not vote for this as they see it as the death of the KHSAA.

 

With twice as many championships to run, the people responsible for seeing that KHSAA bills get paid realize that corporate sponsorship becomes less lucrative (because the divisions are watered down & the titles mean less) & the costs of running all of these tournaments will have to be passed through to the fans.

 

Prepare to start paying $10 to get into a state quarterfinal game, that will probably be a blowout. And when the KHSAA wants to take the money from the private school football finals & balance the entire KHSAA budget with it, then the private schools will finally say "enough's enough, we're out" & that's the end of the KHSAA.

  • Replies 522
  • Views 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't lump all Public schools in this. I think it sucks.

I am from a public school! Looks like alot of publics voted for it

though...too bad!

 

 

282 KHSAA Schools

 

234 Public Schools

 

48 NonPublic Schools

 

198 Public Schools that Voted for Prop 20

 

36 Public Schools that don't suck

LEX HEARLD LEADER saying that the state legislature could get involved in settling the issue

282 KHSAA Schools

 

234 Public Schools

 

48 NonPublic Schools

 

198 Public Schools that Voted for Prop 20

 

36 Public Schools that don't suck

 

Is there a way to see who voted for what or will it stay private?

And here I was hoping that Dixie vs. Trinity would be a regular yearly game too. :cry:

 

 

Your funny :rolleyes: :irked: :lol:

I would imagine the NKY public schools with exception of Lloyd and Ryle still voted against it. The NKY schools like the private/public set-up and the money, competition, and interest it brings.

Just curious, but why would you think Ryle voted for it? I've heard the Boone County Superintendent was against it, I would think all three of his schools would follow suit.

No, at least that is what I was told. There was very little support for Prop20 in NKY. Only 2 schools were for it.

Do you know which schools???

Is there a way to see who voted for what or will it stay private?

 

 

I bet it will be tomorrow's paper...unless it's a privacy issue.

With twice as many championships to run, the people responsible for seeing that KHSAA bills get paid realize that corporate sponsorship becomes less lucrative (because the divisions are watered down & the titles mean less) & the costs of running all of these tournaments will have to be passed through to the fans.

 

Prepare to start paying $10 to get into a state quarterfinal game, that will probably be a blowout. And when the KHSAA wants to take the money from the private school football finals & balance the entire KHSAA budget with it, then the private schools will finally say "enough's enough, we're out" & that's the end of the KHSAA.

 

It will never come to that. Too many lawyers and politicians before it would ever get to separate championships.

I bet it will be tomorrow's paper...unless it's a privacy issue.

I don't think there should be any privacy...let's see who are chicken livers!

Then how do Penn private play out of state teams? Because Penn private schools do play out of state teams.

 

 

Penn Private schools can play other schools that are not members of the NFHS and do. I'm sure that other NFHS do play them and they are in violation.

 

We could not travel to the National Catholic School Championships because they were sponsored by a school who is not a member of the NFHS.

I don't think there should be any privacy...let's see who are chicken livers!

I agree, this has to come under the freedom of information act.

Just curious, but why would you think Ryle voted for it? I've heard the Boone County Superintendent was against it, I would think all three of his schools would follow suit.

Trinity

 

They've gotten beaten by them like a drum in the first round for a long time.

There is no way the KHSAA will let this happen. They would stand to loose to much money.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.