Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

I read where several BOC said they would not vote for this as they see it as the death of the KHSAA.

With twice as many championships to run, the people responsible for seeing that KHSAA bills get paid realize that corporate sponsorship becomes less lucrative (because the divisions are watered down & the titles mean less) & the costs of running all of these tournaments will have to be passed through to the fans.

Prepare to start paying $10 to get into a state quarterfinal game, that will probably be a blowout. And when the KHSAA wants to take the money from the private school football finals & balance the entire KHSAA budget with it, then the private schools will finally say "enough's enough, we're out" & that's the end of the KHSAA.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't lump all Public schools in this. I think it sucks.

I am from a public school! Looks like alot of publics voted for it

though...too bad!

282 KHSAA Schools

234 Public Schools

48 NonPublic Schools

198 Public Schools that Voted for Prop 20

36 Public Schools that don't suck

282 KHSAA Schools

234 Public Schools

48 NonPublic Schools

198 Public Schools that Voted for Prop 20

36 Public Schools that don't suck

Is there a way to see who voted for what or will it stay private?

I would imagine the NKY public schools with exception of Lloyd and Ryle still voted against it. The NKY schools like the private/public set-up and the money, competition, and interest it brings.

Just curious, but why would you think Ryle voted for it? I've heard the Boone County Superintendent was against it, I would think all three of his schools would follow suit.

With twice as many championships to run, the people responsible for seeing that KHSAA bills get paid realize that corporate sponsorship becomes less lucrative (because the divisions are watered down & the titles mean less) & the costs of running all of these tournaments will have to be passed through to the fans.

Prepare to start paying $10 to get into a state quarterfinal game, that will probably be a blowout. And when the KHSAA wants to take the money from the private school football finals & balance the entire KHSAA budget with it, then the private schools will finally say "enough's enough, we're out" & that's the end of the KHSAA.

It will never come to that. Too many lawyers and politicians before it would ever get to separate championships.

Then how do Penn private play out of state teams? Because Penn private schools do play out of state teams.

Penn Private schools can play other schools that are not members of the NFHS and do. I'm sure that other NFHS do play them and they are in violation.

We could not travel to the National Catholic School Championships because they were sponsored by a school who is not a member of the NFHS.

Just curious, but why would you think Ryle voted for it? I've heard the Boone County Superintendent was against it, I would think all three of his schools would follow suit.

Trinity

They've gotten beaten by them like a drum in the first round for a long time.