Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would anyone want to pass something that takes away from competition? Isn't that what football is all about? Taking away competition takes away from the game. I would rather lose a hard fought game to a Private, knowing that I gave it my all, and played a team that would make me better. Rather than beating up on someone who wants a Title without value.

Listen if they do that, they are cutting of their noses to spite their faces.

There will still be championship games to be played and people from those schools will still support them. Kids will still have the fun playing in a cahmpionship game.

I assume that most of the people posting here are adults. Lets remember that sports whether it is football or volleyball is for the kids, it is there to enrich the high school experience. It is only when adults get involved that there is touble.

I asked several of the kids that play football at my school and they had no idea what it was. When it was explained they all seemed to say they thought it was fine with them if the privates left.

Speaking of the comment in bold...

RM I'm sorry but I can't be as understanding as you. They have shown their intention to hurt our kids with this whether it passes the BOC or BOE or not. It's time to fight back.

You are correct, they didn't.

Maybe if the finances of the offending schools are hurt badly enough those parents will put real pressure on their school and school boards to change their positions.

No one has shown any intention of hurting anyone. To think that the desire was to "hurt" anyone is childish.

As for finances. Very few schools make any money off athletics. There are a handful that have one or two big gates a year, but most of those are traditional rivals. The only attendance that may be affected is the sweet sixteen and the 4A state championship game.

I can understand that many of you are dissappointed. But get a grip, this is sports and extra circular activety. None of these kids are going to be prevented from getting a quality education at private schools, and none are going to be denied the chance to play or compete for titles. It's the simple evolution of a system.

Me and all of the rest of NKY wouldn't have to move. It would be easy to send my kids to a private school.

I am against this proposal BTW.

I find it cuious that everyone is talking moving.....I aside from all the prop 20 stuff and entertained by this. People talking about moving. If I had a child who was an standout athlete, I would not move him. I would rather teach a valuable lesson on loyalty. Obviously that would be a new concept to many displaced Yankees in NKY anyway.

I find it cuious that everyone is talking moving.....I aside from all the prop 20 stuff and entertained by this. People talking about moving. If I had a child who was an standout athlete, I would not move him. I would rather teach a valuable lesson on loyalty. Obviously that would be a new concept to many displaced Yankees in NKY anyway.

Loyalty? What about all the generations of families that have been loyal to their private schools?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

We don't have to move to send a child to ANY of the high quality private schools they so desire...

Isn't this how the KHSAA survives???

Sure. But private school supporters aren't going to quit going. Niether are casual fans. The only games that will be affected are the ones that would have involved Louisville schools. I don't see a big affect.