Proposal 20 Passed

TigerKat

Maybe it should also be explained to those players that they can kiss any possibility of playing D-1 good-bye. Since the KHSAA will be watered down, and more and more of the better athletes will now attend private schools. Athletes in EKY hardly get any exposer as it is now, this will ensure they will get none at all.

Not necessarilly, players like Micah Johnson will get noticed even if they don't go to a private school. Outside of Louisville, Lexington, and Nothern Kentucky, this proposal will change very little.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's true Male and Manual do pull from different parts of Louisville but no where else. Male is only allowed, sense it has become a TRADITONAL school, to only take kids who have graduated from the three TRADITONAL middle schools Johnson, TMS, and Barret no where else it is a total luck of the draw. And many parents through out Jefferson co. try to get their children into the traditional schoold system because it is more disciplined environment with consciquences that sometimes lead to exspelling of students who refuse to comform to the system. As far as Manual goes (manual people feel free to correct me) it is to my understanding every student who applies must go under academic review by the school administration who rule whether the students grades are adequit enough for them to attend there, making Manual a school for the academic elite. So you tell me where there is any signs of wrong doing in those practices.

Not necessarilly, players like Micah Johnson will get noticed even if they don't go to a private school. Outside of Louisville, Lexington, and Nothern Kentucky, this proposal will change very little.

I don't think it's going to make much difference in Louisville, either. In that way, anyway.

Hope everyone likes Memorial Coliseum, as without the privates Rupp will be too expensive for the Sweet 16.

I think if you research the Sweet 16 you will see that the public schools bring the larger crowds. I have attended the Sweet 16 for many years now and that is a trend that is consistant. So that arguemant will hold no water. BUT for Papa Johns stadium in football, that dear is a different arguement.

I don't think it's going to make much difference in Louisville, either. In that way, anyway.

Well probably so, put I could see where if recruiting was on the table for privates that more than likely most of the best athletes in Louisville could find their way to T or X.

But contrary to to the opinions shown by many on this thread there will not be a mass exodus of athletes from the public to private schools state wide.

First of all in many areas there is not a private school available, and contrary to what is being suggested I don't think many people are really willing to uproot themselves from their home simply for high school athletics.

It seems that supporters of T and X think that they will benefit in the long run from this if it stands to pass, but I think that most private schools will suffer greatly.

I am most familiar with Owensboro Catholic, but if you look at their school the tuition is only a fraction of what it is to attend T or X, but yet their enrollment decreases on almost a yearly basis. Recent consolidation of the elementary and middle schools should stabilize enrollment some what but it is very likely that they could drop to Class A in the near future.

Yes they may be able to offer full scholarships but frankly I don't think the school can afford to just start handing out scholarships, nor do I think that parents of non-athletes would tolerate a loss of financial aid to their kids so that they could get a new running back.

OC does not enjoy the luxurious facilities that are found at X, T, or Lex Cath. They do not have their own football field, or baseball field. They do have a gym, however, at most it could only hold around 200, and is not suitable to host varisty basketball games.

If this stands, and they choose to boycott local public schools than they would have to travel quite a bit in order to play. Outside of playing Whitesville Trinity 25 times in basketball the next closest school would be Mater Dei or Memorial in Evansville, assuming the proposed boycotts would also include Indiana public schools. I really don't think that their athletic budget would be sufficient to travel enough to have 20 or so different opponets in basketball.

Awesome! A great day for public schools in KY. Proposal 3 also passed, it dealt with out of state players.

I am not trying to get anything started but how does this benefit public schools? Are they going to get more students? Will they be more competitive? Will their atheletes become better atheletes?

Like Tony Driver, who was brought in from Glasgow, KY to live with his guardian on the Male staff? Such things are simply coincidences, I'm sure. In no sense could that be considered "recruiting."

It's true Male and Manual do pull from different parts of Louisville but no where else. Male is only allowed, sense it has become a TRADITONAL school, to only take kids who have graduated from the three TRADITONAL middle schools Johnson, TMS, and Barret no where else it is a total luck of the draw. And many parents through out Jefferson co. try to get their children into the traditional schoold system because it is more disciplined environment with consciquences that sometimes lead to exspelling of students who refuse to comform to the system. As far as Manual goes (manual people feel free to correct me) it is to my understanding every student who applies must go under academic review by the school administration who rule whether the students grades are adequit enough for them to attend there, making Manual a school for the academic elite. So you tell me where there is any signs of wrong doing in those practices.

But contrary to to the opinions shown by many on this thread there will not be a mass exodus of athletes from the public to private schools state wide.

Mass exodus? Nope. Just fully funded full rides for the best and brightest they see comming up. Count on it...

Tennessee made the separation 10 years ago, and that isn't the case there. The best football team in Tennessee this year, by almost all accounts, is Murfreesboro Riverdale. In most years, the best basketball teams are from public schools.

What is attendence like at the Tennessee Public School Finals???