2024 Pittsburgh Steelers

It should be a very interesting off-season.  Steelers already cut center Cole, Trubisky at qb and the right tackle that started part of the season. Hired Arthur Smith as OC who know to have great run games. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Steelers about an hour ago have agreed to a 1 year deal with Russell Wilson and they will only have to pay only 1.2 million dollars with the Broncos paying him about $38 million. A heck of a deal for the Steelers and I believe a better option than either Pickett or Rudolph would be. What do Steelers fans here of BGP think of this?

17 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

The Steelers about an hour ago have agreed to a 1 year deal with Russell Wilson and they will only have to pay only 1.2 million dollars with the Broncos paying him about $38 million. A heck of a deal for the Steelers and I believe a better option than either Pickett or Rudolph would be. What do Steelers fans here of BGP think of this?

Mixed emotions.  If Wilson finds a little old magic then it is going to be on.  And the price is certainly right for the Steelers so that is not good for Cincy either.  However, I don't think this signing does much for team chemistry and of course only time will tell.  

rw.jpg

2 hours ago, theguru said:

Mixed emotions.  If Wilson finds a little old magic then it is going to be on.

Russell Wilson stats last season was 26TD's and 8 interceptions.  The entire Steelers team had 13 TD's and 9 Interceptions. Kenny Pickett for in two seasons with the Steelers has 13 TD's and 13 interceptions. I think for the money it was a no brainer for the Steelers as bad as the QB play was for them last year they won I think 10 games and made the playoffs.

• Like 1