Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

westsider

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by westsider

  1. I was of the feeling all season that Central was probably the best team in the lower three classes, with Mayfield and Bell County probably the next two in line. However, Central's series of close calls in the playoffs and watching the two teams on state championship weekend makes me think that Mayfield was, at the very least, Central's equal.
  2. Jackson is a two-way player, which makes him much more valuable than a guy that plays on just one side of the ball. If we're rewarding the best prospect, then I am sure Quick is the guy. If we're rewarding the guy that accomplished the most on the high school level, Jackson has to be a serious contender for the award.
  3. I think they would get over it ... heck, they won a state title. Why nitpick over a mistake on someone's website?
  4. ACS is about 30 miles away from Bowling Green and brought a ton of people. They almost filled the seats below the club level.
  5. There is no such thing as a "select class" in any state ... no one in Kentucky wants it, either. Let's just go back to four classes ... the state title games, and football in general, were better then.
  6. I saw Mayfield play both Beechwood and Fairview ... I would pick Beechwood to beat Fairview, without a doubt.
  7. I'm sure Caldwell would benefit from a few key injuries, too.
  8. Caldwell County runs the Tony Franklin system ... Caldwell's coach, David Barnes, is a good friend of Franklin's and has used the offense since he was at Daviess County. Elijah Sindelar is the quarterback, a 6-4 sophomore that is a good athlete, very mobile and can scramble and buy time for his receivers. Jaylen Boyd is the tailback and is also a sophomore. He's a quick back who can carry the ball 20-25 times a game or more if needed. Tez Sivels is the Tigers' best receiver and their money guy in the passing game ... he made a great one-handed catch in the end zone for a touchdown in the Murray game and caught a 70-yard pass that finally put away the game with DeSales. The Tigers have a young defense led by defensive end Cole Webster, the only senior starter on that side of the ball. Caldwell has a lot of sophomores and juniors at the other positions and a very talented and athletic freshman, Dee Cain, in the secondary.
  9. Maybe yours are way off. The Paducah Sun had Jackson with 240. Mayfield's stats crew, one of the best anywhere, had him with 248.
  10. It sounds like Marshall has a bunch of injuries, so they might get off to a slow start.
  11. No one has beaten a healthy Mayfield by three touchdowns since Lexington Christian in the 2009 title game. Even Warren Central, a top-three team in 5A, only beat the Cardinals 42-28 and Jackson missed a chunk of that game with cramps. If it's not a reasonably close game, I'll be surprised.
  12. Actually, I did ... you either chose to ignore it or you didn't catch it.
  13. According to Monroe's stats, Wilson was 6-17 for 84 yards with two picks against Tilghman. Two of Monroe's three touchdowns in the second half came off a muffed punt and a fumble, as I understand it. And before I get accused of it, I am not disparaging Monroe. I am simply stating facts, and good teams have a way of making opponents pay for mistakes.
  14. Central has played St. Xavier, Ballard and Pleasure Ridge Park, three of the last eight teams in 6A, and Evansville Reitz. I doubt that Monroe will show them anything they haven't seen.
  15. Chelsey Shumpert of Paducah Tilghman has signed with Chattanooga.
  16. I've never said anything bad about Monroe, either ... I don't know them well enough to have an opinion one way or the other. The two best teams Monroe has played, Warren East and Paducah Tilghman, put up 26 and 20 on the Falcons, both games in Tompkinsville. Do you think they're going to hold Central to half of that, in Louisville?
  17. If Tilghman put up 20 points on Monroe in Tompkinsville, I'm going to have a hard time imagining Monroe holding Central to 10 points in Louisville.
  18. Actually, Frankfort's non-district schedule was pretty good. Franklin County made it to the third round of the playoffs. So did Danville. Green County and Lexington Christian were ranked in 2A for much of the year. Rockcastle County is normally a solid opponent, especially for a Class A school, but they're in a down cycle right now.
  19. Whoever wins Murray-Caldwell will be on the road, regardless of seeding.
  20. I'm picking Bell County for one reason ... the long road trip, especially since Central traditonally doesn't travel well too far out of town. And Bell is definitely the #2 team in Class 3A. I think they're the only team with a significant chance to knock off Central.
  21. Turnovers decided the first game ... Murray had five and Caldwell had zero. The same was true in reverse last year, so I would say turnovers will be a big deciding factor. If Murray holds on to the football and moves it, they could wear down Caldwell's defense.
  22. I heard Russellville had a bunch of turnovers but haven't read or heard any details ...
  23. Moving it to Valley would have to be done over the cold, dead bodies of Stan Hardin and Lloyd Gardner.
  24. I don't think anyone said that. All I'm saying is that Monroe has quite a lot of gap to close.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.