Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield vs Beechwood

Who wins? 85 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Will it be business as usual or is this the year of the Tiger?

  • Replies 128
  • Views 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Cardinals don't get the o-line doing a better job it will be a long night in NKY.

Will it be business as usual or is this the year of the Tiger?

 

The same question Frankfort had tonight versus the Tigers. I hope the answer is different for the Tigers next week.

This one is a tuff call, It appears Beecwood is peeking at the right time, and I dont think that Mayfield is playing its best football right now. Is that enough for Beechwood to pull off the win? I don't think it is, I think this goes down to the wire and Mayfield narrowly pulls out the victory.

  • Author

I think Mf rolls once again

The Cards will have to play all 4 qtrs and not just 2 if they expect to move on. The last 2 weeks 1st halves have been ugly for Mayfield. Fortunately, they've been able to make the halftime adjustments and pull away, but, this one will be a little tougher test. Maybe thats what they've been needing though.

  • Author

I see this as a battle of 2 hard nosed teams but Mayfield is very balanced and well Bw has well a lack of balance with a frosh qb who will get a baptism by fire with Jackson and crew. Like years past, that balance should make us have the edge but this is not Holy Cross, Caverna or KC Day it's Bw. It also looks like we will be short handed up front again this year as we lost Burton tonight off the line but someone will just have to step up like they always do.

I see this as a battle of 2 hard nosed teams but Mayfield is very balanced and well Bw has well a lack of balance with a frosh qb who will get a baptism by fire with Jackson and crew. Like years past, that balance should make us have the edge but this is not Holy Cross, Caverna or KC Day it's Bw. It also looks like we will be short handed up front again this year as we lost Burton tonight off the line but someone will just have to step up like they always do.

 

You keep thinking that Beechwood isn't balanced...:lol: Since Fieger has stepped in as the starting qb they are a totally different team..

Mayfield 27 Beechies 21

  • Author
You keep thinking that Beechwood isn't balanced...:lol: Since Fieger has stepped in as the starting qb they are a totally different team..

 

Ditto, that is what I not only think but it is what I have seen to be fact. Run first and occasionally sprinkle in the pass. How many times a game do they run and how many pass since the frosh qb took over? Not very balanced but it is more akin to the same ole same ole offensive strategy for Rash and Bw and it may work but I think you and I both no it will be tough sledding against Mayfield's defense that;s strength is rush defense. I don't see the frosh lighting us up either. I look forward to watching Nuss vs Jackson

This will be a blow out. MF by a bunch. Mayfield should rest up this week. BW will play physical so rest your top players a lot. That is what cost you vs Hazard last year. They don't need to play much anyway. :D

From the game I watched last night the little Freshman was throwing the ball plenty and doing a good job of it. Not the same offense I saw out of Beechwood last year.

The Tigers will throw the ball as little, or as much, as necessary. If that means 5 passes, great. If it means 15 passes, then that is what they will do. But Beechwood is not coming out in shotgun spread and slinging it 20+ times. With Fieger at QB in 3 games, this is already one of the best passing offenses I have seen at Beechwood and that is what I and many others have been saying Beechwood needs to beat Mayfield. I will also say the play calling by Hergott has been the best I have seen from him in his time as offensive coordinator. He is doing an awesome job.

  • Author

Against a very inferior Bracken he was 11-13 197 yards then against a inferior Paris he was 6-8 163 and finally he was 6-12 for 153 against a good Frankfort club. I guess our meaning of balanced is very different but 50% completion rate and only 6 completions tells me it is going to be run central and that is not my idea of balanced by a long way. The Mayfield run defense is alot better than Frankfort's. Turnovers and penalities can change a game but not taking that into consideration I see Mayfield as having the edge.

  • Author
From the game I watched last night the little Freshman was throwing the ball plenty and doing a good job of it. Not the same offense I saw out of Beechwood last year.

 

6 completions, yea air raid horns were going off in Ft. Mitchell. I wonder, with the success of their final drive in last years loss, if they will try and use Nuss at qb some. That scares me alot more than the frosh qb who has only played in 1 game against talent that I would consider to be close to the same level as Bw. Granted they did not have to throw against the 3 teams he faced due to their success running the ball which I think will be alot tougher to do against Mayfield

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.