Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Monroe County/Central predictions

Monroe County @ Central 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Monroe County @ Central

    • Monroe County (12-1)
      33%
    • Central (11-2)
      66%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going with Monroe. Central will be the favorite and should be, they are head of the class in 3A and it will take a huge effort from the Falcons. Central's defense is quick and stout, Monroe will have to grind it out and try to average 3 yards a carry and maybe break a big play or two. A perfect game for the falcons would be 200 yards rushing, 75 yards passing, 10 first downs and win time of possession. On defense the Falcons will have to play assignment football and secure the edges. Hopefully the falcons can get a turn over and limit big plays from Central if they can they can get the victory...

Roe 13

Central 10

If Tilghman put up 20 points on Monroe in Tompkinsville, I'm going to have a hard time imagining Monroe holding Central to 10 points in Louisville.

If Tilghman put up 20 points on Monroe in Tompkinsville' date=' I'm going to have a hard time imagining Monroe holding Central to 10 points in Louisville.[/quote']

You would... Monroe's defense is built to handle what Central does best. It'll be a battle but the starting D has give up 20 points or more only twice and PT scored on two deep passes in the first half. But like I said I wouldn't expect you have to have anything good to say about Monroe, you never have...

You would... Monroe's defense is built to handle what Central does best. It'll be a battle but the starting D has give up 20 points or more only twice and PT scored on two deep passes in the first half. But like I said I wouldn't expect you have to have anything good to say about Monroe, you never have...
I've never said anything bad about Monroe, either ... I don't know them well enough to have an opinion one way or the other.

 

The two best teams Monroe has played, Warren East and Paducah Tilghman, put up 26 and 20 on the Falcons, both games in Tompkinsville. Do you think they're going to hold Central to half of that, in Louisville?

I've never said anything bad about Monroe, either ... I don't know them well enough to have an opinion one way or the other.

 

The two best teams Monroe has played, Warren East and Paducah Tilghman, put up 26 and 20 on the Falcons, both games in Tompkinsville. Do you think they're going to hold Central to half of that, in Louisville?

 

It's a stretch no doubt... I think it's as likely that we hold them to ten as is that we score more than 21 on their defense. Our best chance to win is like I said above, we need to grind it out and limit their TOP. If we don't convert third downs or move the ball well it's going to be a long night. My point holds true though, since I've on this board I can never remember one good thing you've said about Monroe, in fact I would say you've been Monroe's biggest critic, you only show up when the cards are stacked against them and its never to speak on the sunny side of the Falcons... But you're certainly entitled to your opinion and its always been a well informed one, just wish you weren't such a curmudgeon when it comes to Monroe.

What's the scouting report on Central? What did LaRue do to keep that game close? Why did their starting QB not play against Bell Co.?

Ok guys from NKY....I really want to hear what you guys have to say about this game. I know a lot of you have seen Central play, give us small town hicks :sssh: some insight!!! :clap:

What's the scouting report on Central? What did LaRue do to keep that game close? Why did their starting QB not play against Bell Co.?

 

Wayne County and LaRue both played very basic defensively vs. Central.

 

For one, I don't think either of them turned the ball over except for maybe once. That in itself goes a long way vs. the likes of a team like Central. Don't give them any extra possessions.

 

Central didn't turn it over at all vs. Larue, nor did they ever punt.

What's the scouting report on Central? What did LaRue do to keep that game close? Why did their starting QB not play against Bell Co.?

 

He was out due to a concussion from the Wayne County game.

^^^ Thanks and thanks... Monroe scrimmaged Wayne and IMO Monroe and Wayne are built in the same mold on defense, the Falcon defense is the key for Monroe. If they can create some extra possessions, and not give up the big play I think they got a shot...

I'm very intrigued by this game and might make the show.

Central has a very difficult time scoring without QB Taeshaun Gibbs. If he plays Central will likely win because he is KHSAA's version of Denard Robinson, and Central's linebackers are unlike anything Monroe County has seen this year. By the way, Central's defensive backs don't allow many completions. Hard to see how Monroe County scores enought points, unless Gibbs is out. If Gibbs doesn't play, 14 points may win it.

Thanks guys. Any information is helpful to us that have not seen them play.

Monroe will have their hands full with Central. Monroe cannot make turnovers and will need to complete a few passes to keep the defense honest and just not playing the run. Central has won two close games in the last two weeks maybe it is time for the close game to go the other way. Monroe will have to play their best game all year to win but feel that the Falcons can be up to the task.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.