Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

No. I think the gradual unlocking of Kentucky has been done pretty well.

But the thinking that this is a hoax is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

I also think it'll be near impossible to lock down again.

Agree on all points, only thing I’d add is will it end up being like the flu?

Do you all think we should still be in quarantine? I’m trying to figure out your positions.

Not necessarily.

People are acting like since there are protests and other people out not adhering to the recommendations that COVID was a big hoax or not that serious. Neither of which is true.

I think it will somewhat. At least I hope so.

People are acting like since there are protests and other people out not adhering to the recommendations that COVID was a big hoax or not that serious. Neither of which is true.

Agreed.

But I do think that those protesting and disregarding the COVID guidelines while doing so...they've not helped the COVID cause at all.

If we are lucky, it will be. However, it still looks to be more virulent, killing almost twice as many in roughly 4 months as the flu does during flu season (which is roughly 7 months).

If we are lucky, it will be. However, it still looks to be more virulent, killing almost twice as many in roughly 4 months as the flu does during flu season (which is roughly 7 months).

.... with stay-at-home directive and social distancing guidelines.

Look, I am not saying we are dealing with the Plague here, but it is remarkable with the steps we have taken how many people got infected and harmed yet so many dismiss that fact.

That statement has been clarified, or walked-back, however you choose to look at it. It was clarified to mean there isn't enough evidence yet to make a determination on this.

I am sure people - ironically the same people that do not believe in WHO or the CDC - are now taking the statement and saying, "told you so."

Oh yes they are running with it.

Not necessarily.

Protest aside, we went from complete lockdown to somewhat normal in less than 90 days, without a cure or really even a treatment. I just wonder after it’s all said and done, we find out that it mainly attacked the elderly and immunocompromised, ala the flu.

Protest aside, we went from complete lockdown to somewhat normal in less than 90 days, without a cure or really even a treatment. I just wonder after it’s all said and done, we find out that it mainly attacked the elderly and immunocompromised, ala the flu.

We knew this to start with, but at the beginning the powers that be said it was “worth it” to shut everything down to save those people; however, today nearly 3 months later I can’t see anybody feeling that way. The only instances we will see of shutdown will be schools, hospitals, nursing homes, and places that may fear getting their tails sued off.

Can’t put the genie back in the bottle now. Some new projections from Harvard faculty have us losing another 100k nationwide by September. TBH that seems like a pretty weak estimate.

That’s just over a 1k lives a day which has been the norm with NY and California on lockdown.

I think there is no doubt that it is more virulent than the flu. I know someone who had CV and she was never so sick in her life, and she has had the flu before.

Comparing death rates is a different story. Almost all health care workers and many people at risk get the flu vaccine which helps prevent both spread, illness and death. Don’t know what the flu infection or death rate would be without the vaccine. Might be closer.

It’s not over. There are just other important things going on right now at the same time.

I don’t need to go into restaurants to enjoy my food. I have numerous friends where I can go and enjoy their company. I don’t need to keep

up with the Jones’ and rush back out just because everybody else is.

There will either be a spike in cases (we’re already seeing elevated numbers in places) or there won’t be. Either way, I’m in no rush.

Agreed.

To be perfectly honest, this virus has had basically zero impact on my life.

Other than being able to get my haircut, nothing has changed for me. I could go on forever without missing a beat in shut down mode.

I just feel like a lot of the same people protesting will be screaming about the rise of coronavirus cases in a few days.

Some Florida bars and restaurants have temporarily closed due to employees and patrons coming down with COVID-19.

Florida test cases have risen, but the ratio of positive tests to tests given remains the same (5.35%) and the ratio of deaths to positive cases has decreased slightly (3.8%). The hospitalization rate (16.2%) has dropped by more than 3 percentage points since the reopening started.

• 3 weeks later...

Reconstructing this thread from  @TheDeuce

500 employees at the Orlando International Airport were recently tested for COVID. 260 came back positive.

Florida reported 2,780 new cases yesterday. The overall number of positive cases has gone up over the last month.

AND

Six players on the Texas football team have tested positive. 15 players being quarantined.