Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

I get it man. I really do.

 

With 10s of thousands of people protesting in most major cities ( and rightfully so ) with little to no protection or social distancing, how are we supposed to react ?

 

The Coronavirus scare is currently is over. We’ve moved on to other things.

 

BGP should have shown you as much. This site once had updates daily on positive cases/deaths. How long has it been since those numbers have been posted ? Weeks ?

 

Right or wrong, coronavirus is in the past. Our outrage has shifted...

 

It’s not over. There are just other important things going on right now at the same time.

 

I don’t need to go into restaurants to enjoy my food. I have numerous friends where I can go and enjoy their company. I don’t need to keep

up with the Jones’ and rush back out just because everybody else is.

 

There will either be a spike in cases (we’re already seeing elevated numbers in places) or there won’t be. Either way, I’m in no rush.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

At my gym today (probably 100 customers) there was exactly zero masks. The staff was all wearing masks.

 

I was at Kroger yesterday, I would say it is down to maybe 20% of the people there wearing masks.

 

The first day at the gym last week(Monday) the person working the front desk said that the company was asking that members wear a mask. I took one they had and put it on, this was at 0600 on the day gyms were allowed to reopen in KY. By 0730, as I was finishing up my workout and getting ready to leave, I observed maybe 2 people still wearing a mask. I've been to the gym every day but last Friday since then and probably seen 5 or 6 people wearing a mask. With that said everyone does seem to be doing a good job wiping equipment down and utilizing the hand sanitizer.

Coronavirus is over.

 

Economy is open again, NBA scheduled to restart, protesting in the streets...

 

Coronavirus is an afterthought.

 

Until it’s not.

By most accounts there should be a second wave in the fall and winter. Not a "spike" (implying people did something wrong to cause it), but a wave like the Spanish flu, SARS1, H1N1, etc. Two rounds seems what nature wants to do.

 

I can attest that all the different views, rules, attitudes and approaches to the situation can muck up a family beach vacation pretty badly - especially when you have ages ranging from the 20s to the 80s.

I think my beer vending is the last to return.

 

Way less masks at Kroger yesterday. Outside of workers, 20% seems generous at mine yesterday afternoon.

 

I am sorry MJ.

The first day at the gym last week(Monday) the person working the front desk said that the company was asking that members wear a mask. I took one they had and put it on, this was at 0600 on the day gyms were allowed to reopen in KY. By 0730, as I was finishing up my workout and getting ready to leave, I observed maybe 2 people still wearing a mask. I've been to the gym every day but last Friday since then and probably seen 5 or 6 people wearing a mask. With that said everyone does seem to be doing a good job wiping equipment down and utilizing the hand sanitizer.

 

Exactly!

Until it’s not.

 

By most accounts there should be a second wave in the fall and winter. Not a "spike" (implying people did something wrong to cause it), but a wave like the Spanish flu, SARS1, H1N1, etc. Two rounds seems what nature wants to do.

 

I can attest that all the different views, rules, attitudes and approaches to the situation can muck up a family beach vacation pretty badly - especially when you have ages ranging from the 20s to the 80s.

 

If it’s going to spread it will be in 10-14 days from about 5 days ago. We just had 10’s of thousands of people coughing, sneezing, screaming and standing together. Minneapolis should see a massive spike alone. The truth is in motion.

If it’s going to spread it will be in 10-14 days from about 5 days ago. We just had 10’s of thousands of people coughing, sneezing, screaming and standing together. Minneapolis should see a massive spike alone. The truth is in motion.

 

19 states are experiencing spikes. Texas moved on to stage 3 of reopening and has had a record number of hospitalizations the last several days. Many other states are experiencing all time highs as well.

19 states are experiencing spikes. Texas moved on to stage 3 of reopening and has had a record number of hospitalizations the last several days. Many other states are experiencing all time highs as well.

 

What's about to happen is these spikes will be attributed to protests and not states reopening prematurely.

What's about to happen is these spikes will be attributed to protests and not states reopening prematurely.

I agree, but both statements can be true.

Saw WHO says it’s very rare for someone who is asymptomatic to spread virus. If true, we shouldn’t see spike unless symptomatic people going around spreading. So if mild symptoms should stay at home. Some with mild symptoms may think it’s just allergies or cold.

 

That statement has been clarified, or walked-back, however you choose to look at it. It was clarified to mean there isn't enough evidence yet to make a determination on this.

 

I am sure people - ironically the same people that do not believe in WHO or the CDC - are now taking the statement and saying, "told you so."

19 states are experiencing spikes. Texas moved on to stage 3 of reopening and has had a record number of hospitalizations the last several days. Many other states are experiencing all time highs as well.

 

You can only control a spike for so long, if it’s spreading states will have to close again, if it’s really that bad.

I agree, but both statements can be true.

 

They can, but that won't be the narrative.

You can only control a spike for so long, if it’s spreading states will have to close again, if it’s really that bad.

 

Ain't happening. Americans "sacrificed" to its highest extent the better part of eight weeks. That's about all you're going to get.

Ain't happening. Americans "sacrificed" to its highest extent the better part of eight weeks. That's about all you're going to get.

 

Yep.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.