Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

.2% - Point Two Percent = 2 in 1000 over a 9 week period.

New York is at 13 in 100.

Thanks for supporting my position!

In what world did I support your position? .2% of the population has ALREADY tested positive. That number doesn’t go down by testing more people.

Your position was that if we tested EVERYONE we WOULDN'T be at 0.1%...

Test the remainder of us who have not been tested (Kentucky) and you will not get .1%

Obviously most of the folks whoh have been tested are those who have had some symptoms.

Test the remainder of us who have not been tested (Kentucky) and you will not get .1%

Obviously most of the folks whoh have been tested are those who have had some symptoms.

So you think that by testing 96% of the remaining population, we won't get as many positives as we have already gotten by testing 4%?

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Guys/Gals: It's not personal. I've generated a lot of dialogue here for the Gu and I've discovered just how strongly the "other camp" feels about this thing. In my lifetime I've lived through some challenging times, and I'm wondering if this is the defining mass casualty event of my lifetime. It doesn't come close to feeling like it.

It is a very contagious form of the flu. For the most part folks get it and folks recover from it. To me it is a sign of the times that we seemingly so violently have over-reacted to. I've also spoken on a regional/statewide/BGP state of our environment - Not New York, New Jersey, Florida, China or Timbucktoo. I try to speak on how we here at home are affected. The number of confirmed cases (all I have to go on) versus the population, and the number of deaths versus our population seem dramatically insignificant for the actions being taken. Remember the shut down was only supposed to help keep our medical facilities from being overwhelmed by a huge first-wave. BUT, it is now nine weeks later, and it seems that similar dramatic steps are continued to be taken to protect every last one of us from ever contracting it. I'm also trying to be a voice of our teenagers (the least susceptible) who are being victimized substantially by this thing through no fault of their own. Using the excuse that they can't gather, compete, or experience some form of a formal graduation, BECUASE they might contract it and take it back to their elderly grandparents, seems extremely weak to me. I wonder, now that this has become the "new norm", how many times in their lifetime that they are doomed to repeat it.

I've never spoken out against not taking preventative measures as required. I think that safe-distancing is the key ingredient. I think that in the beginning, I too, might have been pro-mask, and even feel like even today there are times and places for them. Were I sitting next to The Duece on his airline flight, I would have been happy and would have wanted to wear a mask. Shopping at Kroger on May 21st, not so much.

I don't feel as though I'm being "callous", I'm being honest. I'm trying to represent the views of most folks my age (72) and geographical location. Most folks my age are the ones who most believe that this whole thing is insane and over-reaching, yet we are the ones who are supposedly being protected from it. Most people my age don't post on BGP.

I'm certainly not going to change your thinking, and you are not going to change mine. To me BGP has always been about paying your fee, expressing my opinion, and then if you don't agree pay your fee and tell me I'm full of it. I'm OK with that.

Since none of us were alive during the Spanish flu pandemic in 1918, I'd say this is the mass casualty event of our lifetime. What else has killed nearly 100,000 over an 8 week period over our lifetime? And that's with the drastic measures that we have had in place.

I do agree that at some point, we will need to open up and learn to live with this virus. I'm just not willing to sacrifice those "unfortunates" who get the disease, just so I can have a little fun.

Guys/Gals: It's not personal. I've generated a lot of dialogue here for the Gu and I've discovered just how strongly the "other camp" feels about this thing. In my lifetime I've lived through some challenging times, and I'm wondering if this is the defining mass casualty event of my lifetime. It doesn't come close to feeling like it.

It is a very contagious form of the flu. For the most part folks get it and folks recover from it. To me it is a sign of the times that we seemingly so violently have over-reacted to. I've also spoken on a regional/statewide/BGP state of our environment - Not New York, New Jersey, Florida, China or Timbucktoo. I try to speak on how we here at home are affected. The number of confirmed cases (all I have to go on) versus the population, and the number of deaths versus our population seem dramatically insignificant for the actions being taken. Remember the shut down was only supposed to help keep our medical facilities from being overwhelmed by a huge first-wave. BUT, it is now nine weeks later, and it seems that similar dramatic steps are continued to be taken to protect every last one of us from ever contracting it. I'm also trying to be a voice of our teenagers (the least susceptible) who are being victimized substantially by this thing through no fault of their own. Using the excuse that they can't gather, compete, or experience some form of a formal graduation, BECUASE they might contract it and take it back to their elderly grandparents, seems extremely weak to me. I wonder, now that this has become the "new norm", how many times in their lifetime that they are doomed to repeat it.

I've never spoken out against not taking preventative measures as required. I think that safe-distancing is the key ingredient. I think that in the beginning, I too, might have been pro-mask, and even feel like even today there are times and places for them. Were I sitting next to The Duece on his airline flight, I would have been happy and would have wanted to wear a mask. Shopping at Kroger on May 21st, not so much.

I don't feel as though I'm being "callous", I'm being honest. I'm trying to represent the views of most folks my age (72) and geographical location. Most folks my age are the ones who most believe that this whole thing is insane and over-reaching, yet we are the ones who are supposedly being protected from it. Most people my age don't post on BGP.

I'm certainly not going to change your thinking, and you are not going to change mine. To me BGP has always been about paying your fee, expressing my opinion, and then if you don't agree pay your fee and tell me I'm full of it. I'm OK with that.

I appreciate this post and I like you sharing your thoughts. I believe 35-40% of the people out there agree with a lot of what you say.

IMO, the big miss in your posts is the disregard for what would have happened with no shutdown. You use shutdown numbers to justify your views. Even your oft cited Tennessee has restrictions and had a shutdown phase. In fact, at one point Tennessee's shutdown was more strict than Kentucky's.

Yes, let's move forward with reopening but slow and safe is the preferred path. Everyone wants the economy open and is using their best judgement on this. We won't know what the best approach is until months from now.

I appreciate this post and I like you sharing your thoughts. I believe 35-40% of the people out there agree with a lot of what you say.

IMO, the big miss in your posts is the disregard for what would have happened with no shutdown. You use shutdown numbers to justify your views. Even your oft cited Tennessee has restrictions and had a shutdown phase. In fact, at one point Tennessee's shutdown was more strict than Kentucky's.

Yes, let's move forward with reopening but slow and safe is the preferred path. Everyone wants the economy open and is using their best judgement on this. We won't know what the best approach is until months from now.

By assuming the shutdown worked you're assuming that we shut down as soon as the virus was here. What if it was here last fall and we went months and months (during Christmas shopping season even) without a shutdown? Shouldn't we all be dead by now if thats the case?

By assuming the shutdown worked you're assuming that we shut down as soon as the virus was here. What if it was here last fall and we went months and months (during Christmas shopping season even) without a shutdown? Shouldn't we all be dead by now if thats the case?

I have not seen any proof the virus was here before January. Seeing what happens once the virus arrives some place, it is very very difficult for me to believe it was here last fall. Just way too contagious and deadly for it to be here last fall and not be discovered. When someone produces facts and proof it was here last fall, we can entertain that discussion. Until then, I will let that discussion perculate on falsebook and other places where speculation and conspiracy rule more than facts.

There is a push to rationalize the "shut down" by assuming there was only two options - shut down/no shut down. But there were dozens or hundreds of other options and approaches. Certainly there were methods to take more measured and less drastic steps. But the world likes binary options it seems.