Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I would expect Kentucky's case count to go up. Whether it would increase enough to catch up to Tennessee, I don't know.

How much would Tennessee's death rate increase if they reported the CDC numbers they are keeping from the public?

So just to be clear. Are you saying Tennessee is keeping Covid death reports from the CDC? How can you say that in the same breath in which you praise Kentucky's death reporting, yet KY isn't testing at near the same rate as TN.

So just to be clear. Are you saying Tennessee is keeping Covid death reports from the CDC? How can you say that in the same breath in which you praise Kentucky's death reporting, yet KY isn't testing at near the same rate as TN.

I don't know if Tennessee is reporting the CDC guideline numbers to the CDC. I do know Tennessee is tracking deaths using CDC guidelines and not reporting those numbers to the public.

Can you prove that?

I read about Tennessee not reporting CDC numbers in a couple different articles but I can't get the links to work anymore without being a subscriber to that papet. Google Tennessee coronavirus low and maybe you will be able to read the stories in The Tennessean. Tennessee is not reporting deaths the same way as other states and they admit it.

Edited by Voice of Reason

I read about Tennessee not reporting CDC numbers in a couple different articles but I can't get the links to work anymore without being a subscriber to that papet. Google Tennessee coronavirus low and maybe you will be able to read the stories in The Tennessean. Tennessee is not reporting deaths the same way as other states and they admit it.

You can Google the CDC provisional deaths. TN is either lying or the entire nation should be using the treatments they are using.

A remarkable thing happened yesterday with the death count being low as it had been since March 29. I'm sure there is a scientific reason and it was just a coincidence that yesterday was Mother's Day.

Deep down I want to believe it was the will of these victims holding out on that day.

The vaccine being developed by Moderna Therapeutics has completed its phase one trial and has been fast tracked to phase two trial. Phase two will begin shortly.

Phase one trials are dosage tests to make sure the drug is safe for people.

Phase two continues safety testing as well as testing effectiveness.

Phase three is where the true effectiveness and comparison to other treatments with control groups used. Side effects are also watched closely. Just 33% of drugs make it to phase three. If a drug makes it through phase three, it can be approved by the FDA for the public.

The final phase is phase four. Larger groups are monitored to uncover unidentified potential side effects.

Typical timelines for clinical trials are:

Phase 1 - several months to a year

Phase 2 - several months to 2 years

Phase 3 - one to three years

You can see how much this is being fast tracked. Moderna is already finalizing phase three protocols and planning an early summer start to phase three - if the vaccine passes phase two.

The vaccine being developed by Moderna Therapeutics has completed its phase one trial and has been fast tracked to phase two trial. Phase two will begin shortly.

Phase one trials are dosage tests to make sure the drug is safe for people.

Phase two continues safety testing as well as testing effectiveness.

Phase three is where the true effectiveness and comparison to other treatments with control groups used. Side effects are also watched closely. Just 33% of drugs make it to phase three. If a drug makes it through phase three, it can be approved by the FDA for the public.

The final phase is phase four. Larger groups are monitored to uncover unidentified potential side effects.

Typical timelines for clinical trials are:

Phase 1 - several months to a year

Phase 2 - several months to 2 years

Phase 3 - one to three years

You can see how much this is being fast tracked. Moderna is already finalizing phase three protocols and planning an early summer start to phase three - if the vaccine passes phase two.

Moderna stock was around 20 at start of the year. Now its over 60. Vaccine or not, somebody is making money on this.

Moderna stock was around 20 at start of the year. Now its over 60. Vaccine or not, somebody is making money on this.

So a company that has never produced a product in over 9 years of existence will create a vaccine for a category of virus that has never had a vaccine.

Yeah, I could see where there could be publicity stunts and unreal expectations to make a few quick bucks. Let's hope it's a miracle.

On a separate note, Wuhan reported 6 new cases over the weekend and by Monday had developed a plan to test 11 million of people in 10 days. Take that with a grain of salt.

IMO, we are in for along road if this is what it takes to control this thing.

If "they" had or bought the stock at 20 and sell it now, "they" made money. Insider trading is highly regulated. If "they" hold the stock and the trial fails, the stock will drop like a rock and "they" may even lose money, depending on the price "they" purchased at.

If you want to be one of "them", buy some of the stock. It isn't that difficult to buy and sell stock.

Novavax is another company involved in CV virus study. They just got funding from a non-profit in Norway for their candidate for the CV vaccine. Late last year they were in danger of being de-listed after a flu vax trial they had failed, and did a 20-1 reverse split. They started this year around $3.35 a share, and rose to $20/share early this month, and just jumped to $40 today. I have been sitting on almost 200 shares since the reverse split (I bought it on a flyer less than $1 a share about a year ago and have continued to put in small buys off and on), and finally jumped off today making a really nice profit, which covered all of my stock losses (plus some) in my extra brockerage that I've had since the pandemic started.

Novavax is another company involved in CV virus study. They just got funding from a non-profit in Norway for their candidate for the CV vaccine. Late last year they were in danger of being de-listed after a flu vax trial they had failed, and did a 20-1 reverse split. They started this year around $3.35 a share, and rose to $20/share early this month, and just jumped to $40 today. I have been sitting on almost 200 shares since the reverse split (I bought it on a flyer less than $1 a share about a year ago and have continued to put in small buys off and on), and finally jumped off today making a really nice profit, which covered all of my stock losses (plus some) in my extra brockerage that I've had since the pandemic started.

That makes you one of "them".

That makes you one of "them".

Maybe...I think it makes me lucky. Because at this point 6 months ago, I had lost almost my entire investment on this company. Unfortunately for me, it's gained almost $4 since I hit the sell button this morning.

I do think we all need to remember why we shut down in the first place. We didn’t shut down to wait for a cure, or a vaccine. We shut down to slow the curve. There has been other pandemics over the last 20 years, that killed a lot of people, that the county never shut down for. This one though had the potential to overwhelm the health system, if it all hit at once.

So the country shut down to slow the curve, so it wouldn’t overwhelm the health system. It was never to stay shut down until there was a vaccine or a cure.

As long as it is not overwhelming the health system. Then it may start to get treated like other pandemics over the last 20 year’s. Where sadly there will be plenty who die, but won’t have to shut the country down.

If we stay shut down until there is a cure, even if there is no longer a threat to overwhelm the health system. Then it does set the precedent to always shut down, anytime any pandemic happens.