Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Here is a statistical analysis from linkedin that was updated today:

Our base-case estimate is for 15 million unemployed by the end of 2020, assuming a phased-in recovery starting mid-May. Given the expected recovery, we now estimate 33,743 drug overdoses and 7,324 suicides, which sum to 41,067 layoff-related deaths. While not as grim, it increases the base-case estimate covid-19 deaths by 68%.

The article also states:

Although statistics for alcohol layoff-related deaths are not as strong, there is a robust correlation.

We are piling up dead bodies right and left.

May as well take the drug overdoses off. Not one time has anyone cared about drug addicts. The faux concern about them now is insulting.

Hell, suicides too for that matter. Suicides have been mentioned more in the last month than in the previous 45 years of my life.

I never would have thought that drug addicts and suicidal humans would be used as props in an attempt to win an argument.

May as well take the drug overdoses off. Not one time has anyone cared about drug addicts. The faux concern about them now is insulting.

Hell, suicides too for that matter. Suicides have been mentioned more in the last month than in the previous 45 years of my life.

I never would have thought that drug addicts and suicidal humans would be used as props in an attempt to win an argument.

It's a flawed argument to begin with because it's making the assumption that all drug overdoses and suicides are happening because people are getting laid off. Like people lose their jobs, and immediately go out and start shooting herion. These sorts of issues are way more complicated and much deeper than just losing a job.

It's a flawed argument to begin with because it's making the assumption that all drug overdoses and suicides are happening because people are getting laid off. Like people lose their jobs, and immediately go out and start shooting herion. These sorts of issues are way more complicated and much deeper than just losing a job.

How do we know if these ODs or suicides are not caused by the loss of a loved one to CV, or a medical worker that starts battling depression or anxiety after what they’ve seen?

Both of these incidents have been reported.

How do we know if these ODs or suicides are not caused by the loss of a loved one to CV, or a medical worker that starts battling depression or anxiety after what they’ve seen?

Both of these incidents have been reported.

Good point. I recently read about the doctor in New York who took her life because she couldn’t take looking at death everyday.

These arguments are used by people who simply don't have the courage to admit they only care about the shutdowns because it inconveniences them, and they don't care about the people dying because it hasn't personally affected them yet. There is zero logic used in either argument.

Good point. I recently read about the doctor in New York who took her life because she couldn’t take looking at death everyday.

First, I must state that this is extremely saddening to hear; that circumstances on earth would cause someone to make such a "final" decision for one's own life. That said, she might have been in the wrong profession. I would have hoped that she could have had someone to turn to for assistance in dealing with the mental agony of stressful situations involving death. We all need shoulders to cry on at times, especially health care workers and those on the front lines of the military. It sounds like she didn't have one or kept it all inside until it was too late.

I saw that on TV, but I don’t buy it. People who commit suicide have a lot going on that no one knows about. That likely was a big stressor for her, and something the family might need as a cause and effect to help understand why she did this. She had to have an underlying depression that no one knew about. Very sad regardless.

Jacksonville Pier

[ATTACH]70391[/ATTACH]

Dunlawton Beach (North Daytona)

[ATTACH]70392[/ATTACH]

Sunglow Pier (Daytona)

[ATTACH]70394[/ATTACH]

New Smyrna Beach

[ATTACH]70393[/ATTACH]

Is this a virus beach update or a travel brochure? I want to come down!