Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

I liken it more to the "cigarette smoking in public places" debate.

 

At the end of the day I will do what I am asked to do. Maybe it is not full proof or do a lot of good, who really knows. But it may ease a lot of anxieties. And it is wearing a mask to the best extent possible, people, you're not being asked to painfully surgically staple it to your face. It is temporary and on a scale of 1 to 10, this rates about a 1 on something I would be worried about doing.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I liken it more to the "cigarette smoking in public places" debate.

 

At the end of the day I will do what I am asked to do. Maybe it is not full proof or do a lot of good, who really knows. But it may ease a lot of anxieties. And it is wearing a mask to the best extent possible, people, you're not being asked to painfully surgically staple it to your face. It is temporary and on a scale of 1 to 10, this rates about a 1 on something I would be worried about doing.

 

I agree with this.

 

Indoors, wear mask. Outside, nah.

I agree with this.

 

Indoors, wear mask. Outside, nah.

Mine is more about personal courtesy. I do not know how much good it does, but I am capable of complying. There are worse tragedies in life. If I am in proximity of others in or outdoors, whether I think it does a lick or good or not, it is not worth taking some kind of a stand for what really is a trivial ask.

I am to the end of my rope on warning people for political posts. We have had 15 violations in the last three days for people posting about politics. I don't see any other choice but to suspend members that persist with posting about politics. This is your last warning.

 

Again that means nothing about any governors (or use of the word Governor), Andy, President, Trump, Cuomo, Putin, Beshear, Kim Jong-un, Obamacare, Boris Johnson, Rand Paul, etc. We have had all those in the last few days.

 

We have lost four more members since I posted this a week ago due to members wanting to talk about Politics. We have had Cuomo again, governor more than once, elections, and now members starting to say things like blah blah blah I can't say it here because I don't want to violate the rules blah blah blah when the member is clearly referring to politics. We are going to start suspending for that too.

 

Collectively we all have a decision to make because our current path is unsustainable.

Because I don't want to. I've gone this long without filtering my breath, why start now. And that's where the debate ends.

 

I suppose it does. Hard to argue with THAT well thought out logic. You are the “me” in “team.”

Is it really that difficult to wear a mask? I don't want to wear one either. I have done a lot of things the past month I didn't want to do. But I see the logic in wearing a mask so I will wear one. And I don't see the point in complaining about it.

Seems to me masks, reduced capacity, and social distancing is the only way we can open things back up until medical breakthroughs.

 

Don't like it. Stay at home.

 

Whole lot of "I want me cake and eat it too" on here.

Is it really that difficult to wear a mask? I don't want to wear one either. I have done a lot of things the past month I didn't want to do. But I see the logic in wearing a mask so I will wear one. And I don't see the point in complaining about it.

 

I agree. I remember after 9/11 happened a lot of things change that I didn’t care for either. But I did it because that was the new normal. Now I don’t think a mask will be the new norm but for now it is what needs to be done.

Seems to me masks, reduced capacity, and social distancing is the only way we can open things back up until medical breakthroughs.

 

Don't like it. Stay at home.

 

Whole lot of "I want me cake and eat it too" on here.

 

Hard to believe wearing a mask is where the line is being drawn. It’s really the one easy thing everyone can do to help keep this in check while getting things opened back opened back up. This is a shiny new example we can use to demonstrate the meaning of the word selfish.

People are not going to wear masks. Sure, some will at first, but it will be less and less every day.

 

And chastising others over it will just divide us all further.

People are not going to wear masks. Sure, some will at first, but it will be less and less every day.

 

And chastising others over it will just divide us all further.

 

I think it will be a small number of people who won't wear masks in public places where there are other people. Outside taking a walk more people will not wear masks, but in areas of group exposure I think people will wear them.

Is everyone really this sold on the effectiveness of wearing a mask.

 

If masks were so effective why is it that 11% of all Covid patients are healthcare workers. Surely they have access and would have been wearing such a mask.

 

Coronavirus mask guidance is endangering US health workers, experts say | US news | The Guardian

 

Also, I'd like to wait to see if there is some data on whether a mask might make your coronavirus infection worse by trapping higher concentrations of the virus in your mask thus overwhelming your immune system. I have yet to find anything on this.

 

What I have found is that masks (non-N95) are ineffective.

Is everyone really this sold on the effectiveness of wearing a mask.

 

If masks were so effective why is it that 11% of all Covid patients are healthcare workers. Surely they have access and would have been wearing such a mask.

 

Coronavirus mask guidance is endangering US health workers, experts say | US news | The Guardian

 

Also, I'd like to wait to see if there is some data on whether a mask might make your coronavirus infection worse by trapping higher concentrations of the virus in your mask thus overwhelming your immune system. I have yet to find anything on this.

 

What I have found is that masks (non-N95) are ineffective.

 

So are you thinking the mask guidelines are because "someone" wants to help boost mask sales?

 

Why the guidelines if they aren't of value?

So are you thinking the mask guidelines are because "someone" wants to help boost mask sales?

 

Why the guidelines if they aren't of value?

 

I don't know. I do know that the science does not support the blanket of safety that everyone thinks they will provide.

I don't know. I do know that the science does not support the blanket of safety that everyone thinks they will provide.

 

Apparently a lot of scientists disagree with you and believe masks provide some protection.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.