Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

It will break down quick, places will take in whoever wants to spend the cash.

 

Really? How many people you see in businesses without shirts and shoes? That's just based on decency.

 

But maybe you're right. We do have an ODD nation.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Really? How many people you see in businesses without shirts and shoes? That's just based on decency.

 

But maybe you're right. We do have an ODD nation.

 

Most people who eat in restaurants own and are used to wearing shirts and shoes. Most people want to wear shirts and shoes. I don't know if the same can be said about masks.

If anyone needs a reminder about how contagious CV19 is and why restrictions/shutdowns are necessary, look what is happening in the food processing plants. South Dakota and Indiana plants both have high percentage of employees now with CV19. Those are places using restrictions and still getting high infection rates.

 

We all want to reopen but we have to be very deliberate and careful in how we do this. I personally wish we would stay completely shutdown for another two weeks so we really get in front of this and can manage any outbreaks.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Most people who eat in restaurants own and are used to wearing shirts and shoes. Most people want to wear shirts and shoes. I don't know if the same can be said about masks.

 

Other than entering, masks are a moot point in a restaurants.

 

Remember we live in KY, shirts and shoes are sometimes an issue. Some people will break the rules, but that doesn’t support not requiring masks.

Other than entering, masks are a moot point in a restaurants.

 

Remember we live in KY, shirts and shoes are sometimes an issue. Some people will break the rules, but that doesn’t support not requiring masks.

 

Very rarely do you see someone in a store without shoes or a shirt. That is my point. I should have said business instead of restaurant because the point is the same.

 

Most people own and are ok with wearing shoes and shirts. Many don't own or want to wear a mask.

Very rarely do you see someone in a store without shoes or a shirt. That is my point. I should have said business instead of restaurant because the point is the same.

 

Most people own and are ok with wearing shoes and shirts. Many don't own or want to wear a mask.

 

Was at Lowes tonight. Most employees and customers were without masks - I would say 9/10s were without masks. Store seemed almost "normal" in operation. The middle-aged woman that check me out and I joked about not being able hear each other due to the plexiglass "barrier". She then offered that on Monday they will have mandatory masks and she did not want that.

 

Most forget - early on we all told by multiple sources that masks were explicitly not needed. Now they are? Its this bait-and switch messaging that has a lot people frustrated and now tuning out most of the podium talkers at any level.

One of my coworkers was telling me about the recent increase in overdose deaths. Theory is that people are using the $1,200 stimulus money to buy the drugs because the deceased tend to have large sums of cash on them and it started right after the money started to arrive.

 

It's just amazing how much of an impact this virus has had on just about every aspect of society.

I don’t care what they say. It is Derby Day at our house today. We are having Burgoo, mini hot browns, and watching races. The only sport left!

Here are the numbers from this source as of 1:40 pm, 5/2/2020. KY has an estimated population of 4.5 million people.

 

ArcGIS Dashboards

 

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 1.40.11 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 1.40.03 PM.png

 

Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 1.39.56 PM.png

I don’t care what they say. It is Derby Day at our house today. We are having Burgoo, mini hot browns, and watching races. The only sport left!

 

The wife and I are having a Derby party as well. Gonna watch NBC from 3-6 then NBC Sports will carry the Arkansas Derby afterwards. The Woodford Reserve is flowing.

I don’t care what they say. It is Derby Day at our house today. We are having Burgoo, mini hot browns, and watching races. The only sport left!

 

The wife and I are having a Derby party as well. Gonna watch NBC from 3-6 then NBC Sports will carry the Arkansas Derby afterwards. The Woodford Reserve is flowing.

 

I am going to a party too, high times!

High irony. People use the numbers from the shutdown to justify why there should not be a shutdown.

High irony. People use the numbers from the shutdown to justify why there should not be a shutdown.

 

And folks say you can't have it both ways. People want to get back to normal but it's going to be a while before that happens even if they opened the flood gates.

Mine is more about personal courtesy. I do not know how much good it does, but I am capable of complying. There are worse tragedies in life. If I am in proximity of others in or outdoors, whether I think it does a lick or good or not, it is not worth taking some kind of a stand for what really is a trivial ask.

 

This.

During the “Virtual School Disaster”, my son’s chemistry class has switched gears to learn more about practical chem applications. Theme to one assignment was about the spread of Covid-19. The message was, “Act like you have it.” Then, “If you have it, you can spread it.” Finally, “Think of others and not the inconvenience on you, that is why you social distance and wear masks/gloves.”

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.