Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

It is a battle between selfishness and selflessness.

 

Give me liberty, or give me death!

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

It is a battle between selfishness and selflessness.

 

Selflessness is over. America just had a month in her.

 

Buckle up.

 

I’m certain the economy will come surging back once we get the full onslaught of the virus.

Give me liberty, or give me death!

 

Very applicable. Except the death part applies to our friends, neighbors, coworkers and their families.

 

Liberty for me to do what I want even if it means death for you and your family.

Very applicable. Except the death part applies to our friends, neighbors, coworkers and their families.

 

Liberty for me to do what I want even if it means death for you and your family.

I wonder if the order of “life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness” was intentional or random. I’m not learned enough to know for sure.

Today begins the 1st phase of reopening in Florida. The news is showing a long line outside of the Pasco County Tax Collectors office in New Port Richey, this morning. Of all the places I did not expect a crowd. I understand that is the only location Pasco opened.

 

Hillsborough County, where I live, opened 2 of their tax collector facilities, today, Drew Park and Brandon, but only for appointments, no walk-in business allowed.

 

This may prove to be a weird week.

For what it is worth, I've seen a lot of out-of-state license plates in the last couple of weeks. Many from New York, but there have been a few Kentucky plates (mostly Jefferson County) in the mix.

Also, traffic was no heavier this morning than it has been since the Stay at Home order was given.

Also, traffic was no heavier this morning than it has been since the Stay at Home order was given.

I expect a long and slow transition.

Saw this on the news this morning.

 

March 1-April 16th--46 days

35,000 Total Covid-19 deaths

 

April 17th--May 4th (probable)--17 days

70,000 Total Covid-19 deaths

 

1. This was with a nationwide strict social-distancing and shutdown policies.

2. One of the popular models had a worst case scenario of 170,000 deaths by June 1;

Seems plausible looking at the above numbers.

Many from New York, but there have been a few Kentucky plates (mostly Jefferson County) in the mix.

 

Wasn't me I swear!

 

Not yet anyway.

Saw this on the news this morning.

 

March 1-April 16th--46 days

35,000 Total Covid-19 deaths

 

April 17th--May 4th (probable)--17 days

70,000 Total Covid-19 deaths

 

1. This was with a nationwide strict social-distancing and shutdown policies.

2. One of the popular models had a worst case scenario of 170,000 deaths by June 1;

Seems plausible looking at the above numbers.

 

Set aside if people think the numbers are inflated or have gone overboard with all of this... there has to be some element of truth about it. We did for a month the best version of a "shutdown" you are ever going to get in this country, and the infected/death numbers still did what they did. It didn't sink in with me until last week what the numbers would have been had we gone on as normal.

 

I am interested to know what the cutoff number for death acceptability would be for the "reopen everything" community? 100,000; 200,000; 6,000,0000?

Set aside if people think the numbers are inflated or have gone overboard with all of this... there has to be some element of truth about it. We did for a month the best version of a "shutdown" you are ever going to get in this country, and the infected/death numbers still did what they did. It didn't sink in with me until last week what the numbers would have been had we gone on as normal.

 

I am interested to know what the cutoff number for death acceptability would be for the "reopen everything" community? 100,000; 200,000; 6,000,0000?

 

I don't think it matters too much to the "reopen everything" community. Not unless it hits close to home. Just my opinion.

I don't think it matters too much to the "reopen everything" community. Not unless it hits close to home. Just my opinion.

 

To piggy-back off that, the prevailing thought is you are personally not going to be terminally harmed by this virus unless you have a serious health condition or you are old. By nature, America is made up a lot of selfish people that may see the bigger picture, but they are able to separate themselves from it until, as you note, it affects them. The only impact they are seeing is monetarily, so that is where the focus is, instead of stopping the virus.

Set aside if people think the numbers are inflated or have gone overboard with all of this... there has to be some element of truth about it. We did for a month the best version of a "shutdown" you are ever going to get in this country, and the infected/death numbers still did what they did. It didn't sink in with me until last week what the numbers would have been had we gone on as normal.

 

I am interested to know what the cutoff number for death acceptability would be for the "reopen everything" community? 100,000; 200,000; 6,000,0000?

 

Good thread idea. Put a poll on it. Make the poll anonymous so we see what people really think.

To piggy-back off that, the prevailing thought is you are personally not going to be terminally harmed by this virus unless you have a serious health condition or you are old. By nature, America is made up a lot of selfish people that may see the bigger picture, but they are able to separate themselves from it until, as you note, it affects them. The only impact they are seeing is monetarily, so that is where the focus is, instead of stopping the virus.

 

I remember when people used to say that money is the root of all evil.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.